How to generating a text file using Control cube?

lax9
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2016

How to generating a text file using Control cube?

Post by lax9 »

Hi All,
Can anyone help me is writing a TI code which generates a text file using }ClientGroups Control cube as a source. Basically we are looking to generate a text file that should contain the usernames(40 character length) and roles(40 character length) to provide for the Audit team.

Thanks
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Re: How to generating a text file using Control cube?

Post by Wim Gielis »

Hello,

Is this a recurring task ?
I would advise to create an Active form, with clients and groups in the rows, zero-suppressed.
This will give you the list, which can be "saved as" with a text file format if needed.

A TI process is also possible.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

Nobody is going to write your code for you. Basically you create a TI process and select Cube as the data source and then you select default as the view. Then in the data tab you use the TI function ASCIIOUTPUT to write what is in the Value field from the view to a text file. It's pretty simple. An even simpler option is to just right click on the }ClientGroups cube and choose Export as Text Data, then Export.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

lax9 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:43 pm Hi All,
Can anyone help me is writing a TI code which generates a text file using }ClientGroups Control cube as a source. Basically we are looking to generate a text file that should contain the usernames(40 character length) and roles(40 character length) to provide for the Audit team.

Thanks
You do realize this is just the tip of the iceberg don't you?
A list of members per group doesn't really tell you much. If this is needed for an audit you also need to know what rights the groups confer on the users, and then whether the conferred rights are as per the specifications.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
lax9

Post by lax9 »

Wim Gielis wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:32 pm Hello,

I would advise to create an Active form, with clients and groups in the rows, zero-suppressed.
This will give you the list, which can be "saved as" with a text file format if needed.

Thanks Wim.
lax9

Post by lax9 »

lotsaram wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:41 pm
lax9 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:43 pm Hi All,

Thanks
You do realize this is just the tip of the iceberg don't you?
A list of members per group doesn't really tell you much. If this is needed for an audit you also need to know what rights the groups confer on the users, and then whether the conferred rights are as per the specifications.
Yeah, i do know that it is a tip of iceburg. I am in the process of learning the TM1 code and looking for some help. '
Thanks for your suggestion.
lax9

Post by lax9 »

Wim Gielis wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:32 pm Hello,

Yes this is recurring task. we need to generate a CSV file with all TM1 accounts(clients) periodically using a TI process.
Can you suggest which method is recommended ? Active form or TI? Please do let me know. Thank you!