TI: Process Options - Rebuild sheet

Dimix
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

TI: Process Options - Rebuild sheet

Post by Dimix »

Hi all

Noticed a change in when a success/failure message is shown, before or after the sheet is rebuilt. In 10.2.2 the message is shown after the sheet is rebuilt, in PA 2.0 (11.1.0.30) it's shown before.

Have you run into this, is it a bug/new feature?

TI.png
TI.png (6.98 KiB) Viewed 2661 times
macsir
MVP
Version: PAL 2.0.9
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: TI: Process Options - Rebuild sheet

Post by macsir »

Interesting, have you tested it yet?
In TM1,the answer is always yes though sometimes with a but....
http://tm1sir.blogspot.com.au/
Dimix
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

Post by Dimix »

Yes, I'm running the two versions in parallel on two servers, and it's a clear difference. This is an issue in my case as I want to display a dynamic success message. My process reads data from a DW, and I store # read transactions in a log cube. A DBRW will retrieve this information, which will then be included in the success message. E.g. 'Number of transactions read: 123456'. Now, if the message is displayed before the sheet is rebuilt/recalculated, the success message will show transactions read from the previous execution. I have to run the same process twice to show the correct success message.

I have also noticed this with confirmation dialog. I click No, I don't want to run the process, but the sheet is still rebuilt after that I click No.
Mark RMBC
Community Contributor
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: Excel 2010

Post by Mark RMBC »

Hi,

I also have a number of processes which display messages to end users which are dependent on an updated value in a cube, so this would require some rewriting of the code!

I can only hope there is some kind of option to to switch to classic method in PA!