PAX - Does it have rules tracer?

jwafro
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 / 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003 2010

PAX - Does it have rules tracer?

Post by jwafro »

Hi All

My business is considering updating from 10.2.2 to 10.3.

We use perspectives via Citrix for user interaction, because our users need access to Rules Tracer.

I couldn't find a specific mention of rules tracer being available in PAX.

Ta
Josh
macsir
MVP
Version: PAL 2.0.9
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: PAX - Does it have rules tracer?

Post by macsir »

From my point of view, PAx is for data consumer, not for developer. Rule tracer at least is not available in the current versions. For any official confirmation, please check with IBM.
Last edited by macsir on Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In TM1,the answer is always yes though sometimes with a but....
http://tm1sir.blogspot.com.au/
jwafro
Version: 10.2.2 / 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003 2010

Post by jwafro »

Thanks, I'll write my presentation assuming use of Perspectives then.

Ta
Josh
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

You should consider that this forum is not run by IBM and both the OP and macsir should take care with blanket statements like that made above. There are a lot of assumptions in the previous statement, starting with "IBM consider the rule tracer to be developer only functionality", the above post is only the opinion of the poster.

It is true that currently the rule tracer is not available in PAx, that is not to say it is not planned (I have no information one way or the other) or that the user community should not be pushing for its inclusion if they can demonstrate a good use case.

PAx and all the other components of Planning Analytics are evolving with new functionality being added on a regular basis. If you think functionality belongs in a particular environment then make a case for it and make some noise in whatever channels you have available to you.
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
macsir
MVP
Version: PAL 2.0.9
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by macsir »

Steve Rowe wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:49 pm You should consider that this forum is not run by IBM and both the OP and macsir should take care with blanket statements like that made above. There are a lot of assumptions in the previous statement, starting with "IBM consider the rule tracer to be developer only functionality", the above post is only the opinion of the poster.

It is true that currently the rule tracer is not available in PAx, that is not to say it is not planned (I have no information one way or the other) or that the user community should not be pushing for its inclusion if they can demonstrate a good use case.

PAx and all the other components of Planning Analytics are evolving with new functionality being added on a regular basis. If you think functionality belongs in a particular environment then make a case for it and make some noise in whatever channels you have available to you.
Oops, changed. :D
In TM1,the answer is always yes though sometimes with a but....
http://tm1sir.blogspot.com.au/
mvaspal
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10 2 2 - 2.0.5
Excel Version: From 2007 to 2013

Post by mvaspal »

It is available now, you can use a cube viewer in PAX, and you can trace rules there; also in PAW