Using VBA to automatically connect to TM1 server in Perspective (N_CONNECT_CAM)

slu
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Planning Analytics 2.0
Excel Version: 2016

Using VBA to automatically connect to TM1 server in Perspective (N_CONNECT_CAM)

Post by slu »

I tested the N_CONNECT_CAM provided by IBM, no luck. I searched the forum, one post stated that he could connect in 32 bit excel successfully, I am uncertain what difference between us, I placed the bridge.dll in my client bin folder, input sAdminhost and sServerName in VBA code, then run the code, check perspective connection, no connection. Another post stated that they needed to hard code sPassport. I use debug.print sPassport to obtain the passport, hardcoded it, no connection either. The process does not generate error in the middle, just got "error getting connect to server" in the end.

We use security mode 5, CAM security, integrated log in, planning analytics 2.0, excel 2010. Ideally, I want to use vba to automatically open a perspective report, automatically connect to TM1 server by calling a tm1 connection function, then do a worksheet TM1 recalc, then close the book.

Anybody has success in planning analytics 2.0 perspective to connect to TM1 server using N_CONNECT_CAM()? Highly appreciate your assistance if you can share your experience.