declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Workspace - Selector Widget Slider Timing

Post by declanr »

Hi All,

I have a question that I imagine will either have an extremely simple answer or be something that isn't an option yet.

I have a selector widget set as a slider (periods) on a workspace page with all of my other charts etc set to sync with it; when you press the "play" button it loops through and would be a good way of sitting there and looking out for anything unusual and then pausing and investigating further when you find something. Now the problem is that the widget speeds through the selections so quickly that if you blink you miss the changes before it is on to the next one.

Is there a way to set the time that it pauses on each selection? It seems like there should be an obvious place to set this but its not in the "properties" bit where I would expect to find it, so maybe there is a global setting I can apply here? Or maybe my only option is to not use it or add such a terribly performing widget that it takes long enough to render so I can see the others!
Declan Rodger
AmbPin
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2007-10

Re: Workspace - Selector Widget Slider Timing

Post by AmbPin »

Hello,
Assuming you are working with VBA in Excel, could you use the Application.Wait method in a loop to set the widget value with a start stop button to control the loop.
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

Hi Declan, That widget is really nice but we've not found anyway to control the speed.

I don't think putting a "slow" widget on the page would help, I have seen situations where the selector advances before the data refreshes, though this may have been fixed in latter releases.

(AmbPin, this thread is about PAW functionality)
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Post by declanr »

Thanks for the confirmation Steve, for the most part I have found everything in PAW pretty intuitive so I assumed when I couldn't see anything in the obvious places it probably wasn't a possibility.
It's not something I'd be likely to use anyway (slider play button) but when I see something that should do a job I always feel the need to at least try it out... it's a shame as it makes putting a slider in at all look stupid as people will want to press the big button and then I have to explain not to.
Declan Rodger