-actual vs budget
-amount
food dimension consist of gms as a consolidated , and gms 1 , gms 2 as child
console which is consist of
- month
-division
-actual vs budget
-amount
division dimension consist of all division as a consolidated, food,food 1 ,food 2 , gms,gms 1 and 2 as a child
and the problem is.. i want to move the value from food and gms to the console
.. i think i can do it with TI .. i can import the value from food and move it to cube console .. but when i try it.. it didn't succeed
or the value didn't move... how should i do ?thank you
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Re: how to post value to console cube

Post by Wim Gielis »

emma wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:47 pm but when i try it.. it didn't succeed
Please post your actual code that you use and does not work.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
emma
OLAP Product: 11.2.0.3.0
Version: 10.2.20400.80
Excel Version: 2007

Post by emma »

:arrow:
Wim Gielis wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:33 pm
emma wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:47 pm but when i try it.. it didn't succeed
Please post your actual code that you use and does not work.
Last edited by emma on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wim Gielis
MVP

Post by Wim Gielis »

It appears that you use a view (% Growth SPD FOOD XD) as the datasource.
What cells are in that view ? White lowest-level cells or consolidations ?

You use a bunch of parameters which is good but how do these parameters filter the datasource ?
For example, if pYear = 2017, how do you get the 2017 data from the source cube ?

Also, you have 2 source cubes and I see only 1 process. Does this process count as a test ?

How do you clear the existing cells in the target cube such that there are no double countings (as values might change in the source cube) ?
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
emma

Post by emma »

Wim Gielis wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:47 am It appears that you use a view (% Growth SPD FOOD XD) as the datasource.
What cells are in that view ? White lowest-level cells or consolidations ?

You use a bunch of parameters which is good but how do these parameters filter the datasource ?
For example, if pYear = 2017, how do you get the 2017 data from the source cube ?

Also, you have 2 source cubes and I see only 1 process. Does this process count as a test ?

How do you clear the existing cells in the target cube such that there are no double countings (as values might change in the source cube) ?
I want to move white lowest level but... When i preview the view source... It show consolidated value.... Is it okay? And if i want to change data from source cube... I will run TI again... Bcause i don't want to use. Rule
Wim Gielis
MVP

Post by Wim Gielis »

Hello,

To make this code dynamic, you will need code to:
1. create the source view (on the cube holding the white cells to be transferred)
2. create the target view (on the cube receiving the data). You use the function ViewZeroOut on the view (not on the first view!)

See here for code:
http://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3378

However, I guess this is too much for you at the moment to grasp.
Take your time, experiment a lot, see what happens (or does not happen) and adjust the code likewise.

Basically, you create a view and a subset in every dimension. The subset will contain the element(s) on which you want to filter (so, only clear data with a ViewZeroOut for pYear and not any of the other years)

Or, use the Bedrock library of processes to do the heavy work for you. This means far less programming.

Or, create the views manually and the subsets too. Use your process (Advanced > Prolog tab) to delete the elements in the existing subset, add the new one again (pYear, pMonth, pVersion, ...) in the resp. dimensions, and it saves you quite some coding. Dimensions where you do not filter will require all level 0 elements (or the SubsetIsAllSet function). By default, TM1 will only collect the white cells, and disregard the consolidated cells, the zero's and the rules-calculated cells.
Drawback of the last method: the views that could potentially be large (consuming a lot of memory) might be opened by a user and hence have an impact on other users / the memory.

Yet another alternative could be using Performance Modeler. It's been a while since I used the wizard with linking elements from source to target with arrows (Performance Modeler generates the code for you), so I cannot post more specifics.

Correct, if you change the base data you will need to execute the TI process again.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
emma

Post by emma »

Wim Gielis wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:08 pm Hello,

To make this code dynamic, you will need code to:
1. create the source view (on the cube holding the white cells to be transferred)
2. create the target view (on the cube receiving the data). You use the function ViewZeroOut on the view (not on the first view!)

See here for code:
http://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3378

However, I guess this is too much for you at the moment to grasp.
Take your time, experiment a lot, see what happens (or does not happen) and adjust the code likewise.

Basically, you create a view and a subset in every dimension. The subset will contain the element(s) on which you want to filter (so, only clear data with a ViewZeroOut for pYear and not any of the other years)

Or, use the Bedrock library of processes to do the heavy work for you. This means far less programming.

Or, create the views manually and the subsets too. Use your process (Advanced > Prolog tab) to delete the elements in the existing subset, add the new one again (pYear, pMonth, pVersion, ...) in the resp. dimensions, and it saves you quite some coding. Dimensions where you do not filter will require all level 0 elements (or the SubsetIsAllSet function). By default, TM1 will only collect the white cells, and disregard the consolidated cells, the zero's and the rules-calculated cells.
Drawback of the last method: the views that could potentially be large (consuming a lot of memory) might be opened by a user and hence have an impact on other users / the memory.

Yet another alternative could be using Performance Modeler. It's been a while since I used the wizard with linking elements from source to target with arrows (Performance Modeler generates the code for you), so I cannot post more specifics.

Correct, if you change the base data you will need to execute the TI process again.
Okay thank you