[CAFE 10.2] How can I copy a worksheet to another workbook ?

hittony
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP6
Excel Version: 2010

[CAFE 10.2] How can I copy a worksheet to another workbook ?

Post by hittony »

Hi,

We combine TM1 Perspectives 10.2.2 and CAFE 10.2.2 on Excel 2010 to create a sales planning tool for an automobile company. The two addins used are the IBM Cognos TM1 Perspectives addin and the IBM Cognos Office Reporting BI addin.

I'm trying to copy a worksheet to another workbook through the Excel classic operation, but CAFE doesn't recognize the new sheet, there's no toolbar and data cannot be refreshed. So I assume that there may be an Excel Name conflict, then I add manually new Name definitions into .\xl\workbook.xml and .\docProps\app.xml, a quadruple like tm1\\_0_C, tm1\\_0_R, tm1\\_0_S and tm1\\_0_H. Always neither toolbar nor data refresh.

Anybody has a diffrent idea ? It's hardly to believe that CAFE is lacking this kind of basic functionnality.

Thanks

Regards
RJ!
Community Contributor
Version: 10.2.2

Re: [CAFE 10.2] How can I copy a worksheet to another workbo

Post by RJ! »

I would suggest using 1 or the other as I haven't had CAFE + Perspectives play nice together.

From my observations, you need to "Move or Copy..." the sheet you want.
That has kept the bits & pieces that you need on the new workbook...
hittony
Version: 10.2.2 FP6

Re: [CAFE 10.2] How can I copy a worksheet to another workbo

Post by hittony »

RJ! wrote:I would suggest using 1 or the other as I haven't had CAFE + Perspectives play nice together.

From my observations, you need to "Move or Copy..." the sheet you want.
That has kept the bits & pieces that you need on the new workbook...
Thanks RJ! for your reply. We are now using CAFE 10.2.2 FP6 + Excel 2013, the Excel "Move or Copy..." works perfectly with this new version. :)