PAW ERROR - Unable to fetch data 'qdpu.....' can not be found in collection oft type dataset

7Zark7
OLAP Product: TM1 and EV
Version: 9.1 SP3
Excel Version: Excel 2010

PAW ERROR - Unable to fetch data 'qdpu.....' can not be found in collection oft type dataset

Post by 7Zark7 »

Hi All,

Built a virtual hierarchy and when dragging across cube view and error was thrown:

Has Anyone seen this and know how to resolve the issue? I delete the virtual hierarchy how ever the issue did not resolve
itself. Any ideas??

Cheers

Zark
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Re: PAW ERROR - Unable to fetch data 'qdpu.....' can not be found in collection oft type dataset

Post by Steve Rowe »

Hi,

Can't see your screen shot for some reasons o can't tell what client you are in.

If you are in PAx, check you are pointing at PAW and not TM1, check that you have IE11 installed.
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
7Zark7

Re: PAW ERROR - Unable to fetch data 'qdpu.....' can not be found in collection oft type dataset

Post by 7Zark7 »

Hi Steve,

Embedded image but maybe I need to get admin to allow it? > https://pasteboard.co/GzaZuVv.jpg
Everything works, cube views and charts render etc but it just does not allow for these virtual hierarchies. I have also set the cfg setting in the tm1.cfg file as well.

Your comment:
"If you are in PAx, check you are pointing at PAW and not TM1" - Is there a configuration option here to point at PAW? How is this done? I thought this was all done when configuring it through docker or is this something that is seperate? Apologies, Its all a little new. If there is any documentation you can point me to it would be greatly appreciated.

I see your link : http://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=12849&start=40

Yep we are using IE11 so we are good but honestly chrome is so much smoother experience especially with "smooth scrolling" set to false ( type chrome://flags in the Chrome address bar, find it then set it to Disabled )

Will keep googling.

Cheers

Zark
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

Hi,

If you are using PAx then when you point the Excel client then you need to point it at the IP address of PAW server not the TM1 server, if you don't then some of the shared objects will not render, like the cube viewer.

If you are using PAx the IE11 is a pre-requisite for the shared objects in PAW / PAx to render, you're not directly using the browser.

If you are seeing the error in the web PAW client environment then I don't have much to offer I'm afraid, not something I have encountered. You're probably better off trying IBM support directly for very explicit errors of this nature.

Cheers,
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
7Zark7

Post by 7Zark7 »

Thanks Steve,

Yep, going to push this through to IBM support. Wish me luck.
If IBM are able to resolve the issue I will post back with the solution.

Cheers

Zark
moby91
MVP
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Post by moby91 »

What happens when restart the TM1 instance queried by PAx and/or PAW ?
Does the error disappear ?
Only to reappear after the next metadata change ?

If so I think you run into the Defect 60918

PA for Excel and Workspace throw error after TM1 Cube Structure Change

which has been addressed by PA v2.0.2 see the corresponding Fix List

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg27049229
IBM Planning Analytics 2.0 Fix Lists
7Zark7

Post by 7Zark7 »

Thank you kind sir. Moby91, that's exactly the error.
Yes, when a reboot of the instance is performed the error then goes away

I tried adding a new member and boom! the same error .Thanks for the link.

Time for an update.

Cheers

Zark