Issue in PAx, in Custom Report and Dynamic Report

justguest
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Issue in PAx, in Custom Report and Dynamic Report

Post by justguest »

HI,

I am facing an issue, when viewing data in Exploration or Cube Viewer, it works well, but when I try to convert it to custom report or dynamic report, it just showed "#NAME?" in data area.

how to solve this issue...? I had tried re-installed many times, but it's still the same....
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Re: Issue in PAx, in Custom Report and Dynamic Report

Post by David Usherwood »

Just tested with PAX on Excel 2010 - no problems here.
I suggest you look at which PAX (or Perspectives) addins you have enabled in Excel File\Options\Addins. I recall having issues in earlier releases where Perspectives was already installed and installing (then) CAFE did not install or enable the CAFE addins, specifically "IBM Cognos Office TM1 Reporting Excel Addin" - CognosOfficeTM1.xll .
justguest
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by justguest »

David Usherwood wrote:Just tested with PAX on Excel 2010 - no problems here.
I suggest you look at which PAX (or Perspectives) addins you have enabled in Excel File\Options\Addins. I recall having issues in earlier releases where Perspectives was already installed and installing (then) CAFE did not install or enable the CAFE addins, specifically "IBM Cognos Office TM1 Reporting Excel Addin" - CognosOfficeTM1.xll .
So what you mean is even I can see "IBM Planning Analytics" on Excel ribbon, but maybe it didn't enable or register properly....?
wheeler6
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2.2 Fix Pack 5
Excel Version: 2010 32 bit

Post by wheeler6 »

Any update on this? I just ran into this issue with a client.

THanks!!!
tm14life
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

Post by tm14life »

Any update on this? Just installed PAX on a client machine and I am experiencing the same issue when trying to convert an Exploration to a Dynamic Report.

Thanks!
lle
OLAP Product: IBM Planning Anylytics
Version: 10.0.23
Excel Version: Excel 2013

Post by lle »

I have the same issue too, and I don't have Perspectives installed in parallel. Since Excel 2013 there is no more PIA needed, but this is one of the prerequisites of the PAX installation (see https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgece ... rereq.html). Is this maybe the root cause ?
carwadd
OLAP Product: Cognos Express
Version: 10.2.0
Excel Version: 2013

Post by carwadd »

I think the answer is already in the thread above:
David Usherwood wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:22 pm I suggest you look at which PAX (or Perspectives) addins you have enabled in Excel File\Options\Addins. I recall having issues in earlier releases where Perspectives was already installed and installing (then) CAFE did not install or enable the CAFE addins, specifically "IBM Cognos Office TM1 Reporting Excel Addin" - CognosOfficeTM1.xll .
The Addin referred to above is required to use the TM1 Excel formulas (DBRW/DBRA/DBS etc) it is separate to the main PaX COM add in.

Custom and dynamic reports use these formulas to return values.
David Peacock
Version: 2.0.3
Excel Version: 32-bit

Post by David Peacock »

Have you managed to resolve this issue? We have had this many times, make sure that Excel add-in IBM Cognos Office Reporting TM1 Addin is ticked.

If it doesn't appear, you can click browse and add it in again using this path. C:\Program Files (x86)\ibm\cognos\IBM for Microsoft Office\CognosOfficeTM1.xll if you are on a 64-bit machine.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (33.83 KiB) Viewed 8263 times
wheeler6
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2.2 Fix Pack 5
Excel Version: 2010 32 bit

Post by wheeler6 »

I am experiencing this use on a server that Perspectives has NEVER been installed. Only PAx.

So yes, converting Exploration to dynamic report will cause memory spike in Excel and will have to end task. Also, when opening perspectives active forms on this machine within Pax, same thing will happen. POS in my opinion.

Anyone else able to resolve this?