macklovesraine11
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

Feeder statement not working correctly

Post by macklovesraine11 »

Hello Experts,

Good day!

I'd like to ask for your inputs regarding this scenario.

I have a "Labour Costs" cube with the following rule:

['Oct','Director Bonus'] = N:
IF(ELPAR('People', !People, 1) @='Directors',
DB('Plan P&L',!Version,!Financial Year,'Q1','All States','All Practices','OPERATING PROFIT')\
ELCOMPN('People', 'Directors') * ['Dir Bonus %'], 0);

I have created a feeder statement on the "Plan P&L" cube:

['Q1','All States','All Practices','OPERATING PROFIT'] => DB('Labour Costs',!Version,!Financial Year,'Oct',!People,'Director Bonus');

However, I'm getting this error message:

Line 153: Syntax error on or before:
!People,'Director Bo
invalid string expression
Rule could not be attached to the cube, but changes were saved.

Perhaps the statement is incorrect? What would be the best approach for this?

Many thanks!
Michael
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Re: Feeder statement not working correctly

Post by declanr »

I would guess the plan p&l cube doesn't contain the !people dimension. You can only reference what dims are in the cube the rule or feeder is attached to.
Declan Rodger
pandinus
OLAP Product: TM1, Cognos Express

Post by pandinus »

Based on your rule you should feed to the 'Directors' consolidated element of the 'People' dimension in the 'Labour Costs' cube from the 'Plan P&L' cube instead of feeding to !People.

Also, please save yourself a lot of hassle by not using spaces or other non-alphanumeric characters in cube and dimension names (except for underscore). You will thank me when you start setting up TI Processes.
macklovesraine11

declanr wrote:I would guess the plan p&l cube doesn't contain the !people dimension. You can only reference what dims are in the cube the rule or feeder is attached to.
Hi Pandinus,

Thanks for the input, I combined your thought together with Declanr's and it no error output. It's for testing now to see if the feeder actually works. Nevertheless, thanks again! :)
macklovesraine11

pandinus wrote:Based on your rule you should feed to the 'Directors' consolidated element of the 'People' dimension in the 'Labour Costs' cube from the 'Plan P&L' cube instead of feeding to !People.

Also, please save yourself a lot of hassle by not using spaces or other non-alphanumeric characters in cube and dimension names (except for underscore). You will thank me when you start setting up TI Processes.
Thank you so much declanr, I fed it to the 'Directors' consolidated element and not all elements in the !People dimension. Also, I am a TM1 application support so the model already exists before I came. During my first job as a TM1 Consultant/Developer, I apply best practices in naming conventions.

Thanks again! :)