In preview in DatasourceFile is not showing columnwise

dilip
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

In preview in DatasourceFile is not showing columnwise

Post by dilip »

Iam not able to see the preview correct of the file sample I have attached...

I have selected as delimited and comma.......Please correct me where Iam going wrong..

How we can upload this file sample as attached...There are so many records...In preview its mixing up...
Attachments
LLL.xlsx
samplefile to upload to cube
(12.01 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: In preview in DatasourceFile is not showing columnwise

Post by jim wood »

Well it needs to be a csv file or a text file for a start. Your trying to load an excel file not an ascii file. In excel do file save as and change the file type to CSV. Then set that as the data source.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
dilip

Post by dilip »

Same I did I saved the excel file as csv but since the data is awkward in column so in Preview the data is not showing columnwise.
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

dilip wrote:Same I did I saved the excel file as csv but since the data is awkward in column so in Preview the data is not showing columnwise.
That's because you have carriage return characters in some of your fields. That's going to mess up TI. You need to make sure your file doesn't have carriage returns and other non-printable type characters in it.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
dilip

Post by dilip »

Okay...Got it. ..Is there any option available to import such that each column distingguished seperately so that only i need some coulumns out of many columns ...But this data is coming from different tool in unstructerd format...Only possibility is that we need to structure that data then only we can import....Then it will be taking too much time to structure and then import in TM1...Thatswhy I was searching some way...I understand TM1 lags for this..Is it?
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by jim wood »

This isn't a case of TM1 lagging at all. You could insight if you want to suck data out of Excel you just can't schedule it. You should also consider setting up some kind Excel entry sheet. TI is setup to take data out databases and other mass storage sources. Does this data originally come from a DB? If so you should be looking to connect TM1 straight to it. If not then I think you should at the alternatives I mentioned. You can't make a square peg fit the round hole.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
dilip

Post by dilip »

The Data coming from Remedy tool and we have only option to select fields and we get the output like this.....and from this excel I want to make report in our customized way..to shorten the time but since the data in excel is is not in sync due to which In TM1 preview its not coming correct....okay no issue..That the bug in remedy tool that its not throwing the dataoutput in proper excel format..due to which I have to arrange the fields in proper way to get the benefit out of TM1.

Thanks JIm for clarifying my doubt..
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

TM1 isn't a big data tool for making sense out of crap and/or making order out of chaos. There are plenty of tools out there for that type thing. It's way easier to work with structured data in TM1. You need to filter the crap out of your data long before you every try to import it into a cube. Yes, you can selectively pick columns out of text files and ODBC data sources but it requires you to know what you're doing.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
dilip

Post by dilip »

Okay Thanks Tom I got it...