Advenced Rule Editor in TM1 10.2 not working

solverxyz
OLAP Product: NONE
Version: TM1 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2003

Advenced Rule Editor in TM1 10.2 not working

Post by solverxyz »

Does anyone's Advence Rule Editor work normally in TM1 10.2?

I had a Win2k8 VM with .Net Framework 3.5 installed.
Advenced Rule Editor works normally with TM1 10.1.1 SP in this VM.

But it's not working in TM1 10.2 that I install in the same VM (install from pure clean, only within .Net Framework 3.1)?

Nothing happen if I double click rule icon if AdvencedRuleEditor=T, but traditional rule editor works fine......

Does anyone have any solution??
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Re: Advenced Rule Editor in TM1 10.2 not working

Post by declanr »

Still works for me... or at least it functions as well as it used to.
You should be aware that the advanced rules editor is no longer supported by IBM though.

I will point out that you have spelled "advanced" wrong here so its possible you have done the same in your ini file but since you say that nothing happens when you double click I will assume that you specified it correctly since that is what happens when you have the wrong version of .NET Framework (from memory haven't seen it in a while but i'm sure that's what used to happen.)

Prior to version 10.2 (when it was supported) it used to require .NET 3.5 SP1... that is definitely what you have installed?

It is possible for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 to be installed but not registered correctly and in this case it would possibly default back to version 2 etc and cause your Editor to not open, off the top of my head I can't remember how to check but if you google it I'm sure you will find a few examples (probably even an IBM technote in there somewhere.)
Declan Rodger
solverxyz
OLAP Product: NONE
Version: TM1 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2003

Post by solverxyz »

declanr wrote:Still works for me... or at least it functions as well as it used to.
You should be aware that the advanced rules editor is no longer supported by IBM though.

I will point out that you have spelled "advanced" wrong here so its possible you have done the same in your ini file but since you say that nothing happens when you double click I will assume that you specified it correctly since that is what happens when you have the wrong version of .NET Framework (from memory haven't seen it in a while but i'm sure that's what used to happen.)

Prior to version 10.2 (when it was supported) it used to require .NET 3.5 SP1... that is definitely what you have installed?

It is possible for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 to be installed but not registered correctly and in this case it would possibly default back to version 2 etc and cause your Editor to not open, off the top of my head I can't remember how to check but if you google it I'm sure you will find a few examples (probably even an IBM technote in there somewhere.)
Thank you a lot!!
I found the technote you mentioned in IBM seb site.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21615331
Problem solved~!
roy2087
OLAP Product: cognos tm1
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2007

Post by roy2087 »

Dear Solverxyz ,

You can read this link in TM1 Forum.
http://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11661

Read the Post by Stanislav.