TM1RUNTI using CAM Authentication

slique-cya
OLAP Product: TM1, Planning Analytics
Version: v9.5.2 v10.1, v2.0.6
Excel Version: v2003-2016

TM1RUNTI using CAM Authentication

Post by slique-cya »

Hi there,

A client that I am supporting needs to kick a TurboIntegrator process from a batch file as this process needs to run more than once a day during monthend, conditional to the data warehouse running its batch successfully - timing of which is not always predictable.

The environment they're working on is TM1 v9.5.2 (64bit) and Cognos BI v10.1(64bit) and they are using CAM security to logon to TM1 (security mode 5) and access is based on Active Directory. When I initially logged on to find the application in the 32bit bin folder, I found an application called TM1ChoreExecute. It turns out that TM1ChoreExecute does not support CAM Authentication. So I created a new folder outside of the bin called "applications" and put in the TM1RUNTI app file from TM1 v10.1 and added the following files with it in the 32bit bin folder:
- libibmcogeay32.dll (from v10.1 folder)
- sslibmcogeay32.dll (from v10.1 folder)
- log4cxxw.dll (from v9.5.2 folder)
- log4cxx.dll (from v9.5.2 folder)
- TM1ULibDll.dll (from v9.5.2 folder)
- tm1api.dll (from v10.1 folder)

I used the following parameters to execute the file (for obvious security reasons, I have renamed them but the convention is exactly the same):

process: Populate_GL_CompanyT PC
adminhost: servername
server: companyT_tm1_dev
user: COMPANYT\Paul Smith (as it appears on TM1, the windows login in this case is PSmith in CompanyT domain; has admin rights to TM1 only)
pwd:Password1
AdminSvrSSLCertAuthority: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cognos\TM1\bin\ssl\applixca.pem
AdminSvrSSLCertID: tm1adminserver
CAMNamespace: companyt.co.za" (as per the namespace ID in Cognos Configuration)

The command is as follows:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Cognos\TM1\applications>tm1runti -process "Populate_GL_CompanyT PC" -adminhost "servername" -server "companyT_tm1_dev" -user "CompanyT\Paul Smith" -pwd "Password1" -AdminSvrSSLCertAuthority "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cognos\TM1\bin\ssl\applixca.pem" -AdminSvrSSLCertID "tm1adminserver" -CAMNamespace "companyt.co.za"

When I try to execute the above command I get the following error:
(TM1 API Error) SystemServerConnectionFailed
Server Connection Failed

Hope someone will be able to pinpoint where the issue lies.

Thanx
Siya
buncikp
OLAP Product: TM1+Cognos Express
Version: 9.5.2+10.1+10.2
Excel Version: 2007+2010

Re: TM1RUNTI using CAM Authentication

Post by buncikp »

Hi,
the utility has its parameters for logging a CAM user and these are kept outside username parameter, so first I would exclude "CompanyT\" from the username. I think for logging-in you should use username you can see in }Groups dimension under alias }TM1_DefaultDisplayValue.
CAMNameSpace name should be in fact namespace ID (I have seen different ID and names accross my clients) - but as I grasped from your example you used this.
It is interesting fact, that despite we use SSL in our client's environment, I don't pass AdminSvrSSLCertID and AdminSvrSSLCertAuthority parameters to TM1RunTI and all works well.
We have experimented with extracted version of TM1RunTI, which we just simply copied out (.exe and dependent DLL's + SSL folder) to a different computer. We have extracted following files from 32bit folder of TM1:
libeay32.dll
log4cxx.dll
ssleay32.dll
tm1api.dll
tm1cipher.dat
tm1dasrv.dll
tm1key.dat
tm1lib.dll
TM1ULibDll.dll
tm1runti.exe
Subfolder [ssl]

This "installation" proved to work well, however after asking IBM support to confirm that this is a good way to go, they were unable to guarantee this solution. So our solution was to construct a simple remote call utility in PowerShell, which consisted of caller script (on machine from which calls to TM1 are made - Informatica) and listener script (on TM1 server), which invoked local TM1RunTI. The remote invocation was implemented by "invoke-command" in PowerShell.
Regards
Peter
trentban
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: Excel 2013

Post by trentban »

slique-cya did you get this working? I'm interested in what you have done
hyunjia
Version: 2010
Excel Version: Excel 2010

Post by hyunjia »

Hi

You may want to refer the related technote http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21656832
, which may address your issue
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

I have found the IBM documentation to be not as helpful as it could be. When using CAM I have found it works when using either explicitly passing in the connection parameters explicitly in the command line and also when the connection parameters are immediately following the [TM1RunTI] section BUT if you try to use the -connect parameter in conjunction with -i and have the connection settings in a separate section of the RunTI config file then it fails. From what I can tell once you use the -connect parameter it expects ALL POSSIBLE connection settings to be passed, even those that are not relevant / not used, and it fails if a parameter is missing.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
hyunjia
Version: 2010
Excel Version: Excel 2010

Post by hyunjia »

lotsaram wrote:I have found the IBM documentation to be not as helpful as it could be. When using CAM I have found it works when using either explicitly passing in the connection parameters explicitly in the command line and also when the connection parameters are immediately following the [TM1RunTI] section BUT if you try to use the -connect parameter in conjunction with -i and have the connection settings in a separate section of the RunTI config file then it fails. From what I can tell once you use the -connect parameter it expects ALL POSSIBLE connection settings to be passed, even those that are not relevant / not used, and it fails if a parameter is missing.

I find the ini file is handy to replace the -connect parameter . Generally speaking , if I am going to use tm1runti in conjuction with ini file , I would do
tm1runti -i "xxx.ini" -process "abc" P1="A" P2="B" P3="C"

Beware of the space though . e.g P1="A" should be a signle string