Unable to remove contributor application

tosca1978
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2007

Unable to remove contributor application

Post by tosca1978 »

Hi,

I think I have managed to trip myself up by not deactivating a Contributor application before attempting to remove it. My environment only had one contributor application and I wanted to remove it. I went ahead and did so by running the }tp_admin_deldete_all TI, which ran successfully. I then attempted to re-import the contributor application and got the following error message:
There is a deployed application with the same name as the one that is included in this application's names
I then attempted to remove the server from the TM1 Application Configuration screen within contributor (to clear it out and start again), but I get the following error message:
You must deactivate the '123' application before removing the 'abc' server.
The }tp_applications dimension is empty, so it seemed to me that the TI did it's job and deleted the said application. However TM1 thinks it is still there to be de-activated.

Like I said at the top of the post I think that I have caused this problem by not deactivating first.

If anyone can suggest what I need to do to from this point to achieve a clean model with out any contributor applications (in a state that will allow me to import one) it would be much appreciated.
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: Unable to remove contributor application

Post by tomok »

Have you re-cycled the TM1 service?
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
tosca1978

Post by tosca1978 »

Hi Tomok,

thanks for your reply.

I had already re-started the TM1 services for the model in question. I have just re-started the services for the TM1 Admin Server/TM1 Application server/IIS Admin Service. I am now able to remove the server from the TM1 Application Configuration screen within contributor.

I have added the server into TM1 Application Configuration again. However when I try and import the Contributor Application I get the following message still:
There is a deployed application with the same name as the one that is included in this application's names
So still stuck!
sun
OLAP Product: TM1 Cognos
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2003

Post by sun »

Hello,
please check.
Go to (where you installed tm1)
Program Files\ibm\cognos\tm1_64\webapps\pmpsvc\WEB-INF\applications

and delete application.
tosca1978

Post by tosca1978 »

sun wrote:Hello,
please check.
Go to (where you installed tm1)
Program Files\ibm\cognos\tm1_64\webapps\pmpsvc\WEB-INF\applications

and delete application.
Hi Sun - many thanks for your reply. I did as you said. In the said folder there were 7 files (2 x Admin, 2 x Model, 2 x Security and 1 x folderid). I have removed these from the folder and restarted the services.

This seems to have made a difference as I am now getting a different error message (which is always nice - feels like I'm making some progress at least)!
There is an object in the Cognos folder with the same name as the one that is included in this applications names
I have tried searching the Cognos folder for both the {curly brackets ID} and the application name and neither bring back a match. So I'm not sure what object the error message is referring to.

Thanks
charbel89
OLAP Product: Cognos Insight
Version: 10.2

Post by charbel89 »

Hi,

Just to clarify you current state:
1 - You have cleaned the applications folder as per "sun" details.
2 - You managed to delete the TM1 server associated with this application. (Can you check your services to verify)
3 - You ran the tp_admin_delete_all.

Did you attempt: tp_application_remove?

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Charbel
drewett@uk.ibm.com
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2003

Post by drewett@uk.ibm.com »

Hi
you are usin CAM security you might also find you need to remove the link to the application by logging into localhost/ibmcognos and choosing Cognos Content. You can then get to a list of tm1 applications and if your old application still shows there, just delete it.
Kind Regards
jennifer
tosca1978

Post by tosca1978 »

Charbel/Jennifer,

thanks to you both for your posts.
drewett@uk.ibm.com wrote:Hi
you are usin CAM security you might also find you need to remove the link to the application by logging into localhost/ibmcognos and choosing Cognos Content. You can then get to a list of tm1 applications and if your old application still shows there, just delete it.
Kind Regards
jennifer
Jennifer, we are using CAM and single sign on. I did as you suggested and removed the link from Cognos Content (I had no idea that this would be automatically created there). I have since been able to successfully import the Contributor Application and life is good!

Thanks very much for your help - its much appreciated.
Anuradha
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Anuradha »

Thank you.. I had the same issue now. Resolved it with this post
Regards,
Anu