Steve Vincent
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Re: Another TM1 TOP

Post by Steve Vincent »

Ricky Marwan wrote:Add your TM1 bin directory to PATH environment variables
Are you talking about the windows PATH variables? can't do that here, our environment is tightly locked down & you'll find a lot of companies run in a similar fashion....
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet
Ricky Marwan
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2007

Post by Ricky Marwan »

By default the installer will create environment variable pointing to TM1 9.5 default installation path "C:\Program Files\Cognos\TM1\bin"

if your are using TM1 9.5 and installed on default location then no need to worry.

For those having TM1 installed on different location other than above than adding environment variables is required or other alternative is to copy executable and related dlls into TM1 bin folder and execute from there
Ricky Marwan
show75
OLAP Product: oracle and sql server
Version: TM1 9
Excel Version: 2013

Post by show75 »

I can not end any process execute or object duplicate .
there is one way... restart service.
is there any solution to this issue?
I have TM1 9.0 SP2
Attachments
this print screen how can i end user process execution or object duplicate
this print screen how can i end user process execution or object duplicate
TM1.jpg (79.3 KiB) Viewed 19820 times
Andy Key
MVP
Version: 2.5 to PA
Excel Version: Lots

Post by Andy Key »

Ricky Marwan wrote:By default the installer will create environment variable pointing to TM1 9.5 default installation path "C:\Program Files\Cognos\TM1\bin"

if your are using TM1 9.5 and installed on default location then no need to worry.
Given that 10.1 onwards has a different default location would it be worth creating a second version pointing to that instead, or to both?
Andy Key
Ricky Marwan

Post by Ricky Marwan »

Andy Key wrote: Given that 10.1 onwards has a different default location would it be worth creating a second version pointing to that instead, or to both?
Currently i don't use TM1 10.1, not sure what the default installation path for TM1 10.1.
Thanks for the feedback, will add TM1 10.1 path for next release.
Ricky Marwan
Steve Vincent
Site Admin

Post by Steve Vincent »

Ricky Marwan wrote:New Version, build using Qt no .Net Framework required

If TM1 installed other than C:\Program Files\Cognos\TM1 add your TM1 bin directory to PATH environment variables or copy executable and related dlls into TM1 bin folder
printscreen.png
download here:
http://sdrv.ms/16KJzuI

Note:
For those using CAM, the program won't check whether supplied user has ADMIN group assigned.
Getting Error 403 on the link to download it now :/
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet
Ricky Marwan

Post by Ricky Marwan »

Seems no problem with the link
alternative download link
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7QuHia ... sp=sharing
Ricky Marwan
Steve Vincent
Site Admin

Post by Steve Vincent »

From the short URL i have no idea where it is going. The google one won't load either, my guess is they are both on my companies blacklist of sites. Certainly google docs will be, i'm just not getting any meaningful error messages from IE (paint me surprised) so i can't be sure.

Any chance you can attach it direct to the 1st post in the thread?
Paul Segal
Community Contributor
Version: TM1 11 and up
Excel Version: Too many to count

Post by Paul Segal »

Steve Vincent wrote: my guess is they are both on my companies blacklist of sites.
I can get to them fine, Steve so I think it is the blacklist. My company's blacklist is obviously not as comprehensive as yours...
Paul
Ricky Marwan

Post by Ricky Marwan »

Steve,

Installer size around 5mb and if i am not wrong max upload is limited 1mb.
Email me if you wish to have it via email.
Ricky Marwan
Steve Vincent
Site Admin

Post by Steve Vincent »

IT is exceptionally strictly controlled here, so it doesn't surprise me. Will have a go when at home and if necessary i can up the attachment limit on the forum. Email wouldn't help either as it'd get blocked that way too, but thanks for the offer ;)
Steve Vincent
Site Admin

Post by Steve Vincent »

OK i've sorted it, just had to be a bit sneaky about it. Will let you know how i get on with it, thanks :)
Matya
Version: 10.1

Post by Matya »

Hi Guys,

Did anyone try that tool with CX 10.1? Is it works properly with CX?

Thx,
Matya
kool2zero
OLAP Product: TM1 10.2.2.3
Version: TM1 10.2.2.3

Post by kool2zero »

Hi Ricky,

It looks great! Could I request a feature? And ask a question?

Could you possibly implement a command line call to export the log to a csv. We would like to have an automated way to provide some of this information to the users but we do not want them to install extra software (no matter how great it is ;-) ). This way I can pick up the csv file and put it in a database for easier viewability.

Also, when our TM1 instance is running heavy jobs, when we try to open tm1 top we get a black screen and have to retry opening it later. Does this happen with your application too?

Thanks for your time. I look forward to hearing from you

Thanks!
Ricky Marwan

Post by Ricky Marwan »

Could you possibly implement a command line call to export the log to a csv. We would like to have an automated way to provide some of this information to the users but we do not want them to install extra software (no matter how great it is ;-) ). This way I can pick up the csv file and put it in a database for easier viewability.
I think the best way to create automated way as you describe is to write a program as windows service that reads TM1TOP information and store directly to your database without converting to csv.
Also, when our TM1 instance is running heavy jobs, when we try to open tm1 top we get a black screen and have to retry opening it later. Does this happen with your application too?
My application does not display a black screen, the application will keep connecting to retrieve information from TM1. When the connection fails, the program will terminate itself.
Ricky Marwan
kool2zero

Post by kool2zero »

I've been looking at the APIs but I can't seem to make heads or tails of how to code it
kool2zero

Post by kool2zero »

Is there a way to get the list of running processes through the API? Or are there multiple steps?
philipp
Version: 10.1.1

Post by philipp »

Hello,

i wanted to try this tool in our company (im a student. my project is about cognos bi/tm1).
I installed the new (QT) Version.
I can establish a connection to our TM1 Service...no problem until here.
When is want to check for admin access I choose "CAM" and enter the details.
After that i get the popup that the verification succeeded.
BUT THAN:
After clicking on "OK" or on the "X" the TM1 Service is crashing without any notification. Only the tool says that the connection could not be established...

Any Idea? Maybe because of the x64 Edition??

PS: Sorry for my bad english :D
Ricky Marwan

Post by Ricky Marwan »

Hi Philipp,

I personally haven't test CAM connection. Not sure why its crashing your server.
I would recommend to use basic TM1 security. I have been using it for long time with no problem.
Ricky Marwan
philipp
Version: 10.1.1

Post by philipp »

Hi Ricky,

thank your for your fast reply.
Could you explain me the "basic" TM1 security? What login details should be used for this? Local Administrator?

Btw.: Also the old .Net version of your tool is crashing the service after entering login details...

Additional information:
You may not add your TM1-Path to your "Path" variable if you are running TM1 and Cognos BI on the same server like we do in our test-environment. If so the Cognos BI service is looking for files in the TM1 directory which are not compatible to BI. The result will be a crashed BI-Service which cant be restarted until the TM1 path gets removed from your path variable. (Happened to us last night)