iansdigby
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9 + 10 + Plan An
Excel Version: All

Relative Proportional Spread Codes

Post by iansdigby »

Greetings!

I am exploring data spreading in TM1 and finding what a powerful set of tools it is. One question I have concerns relative proportional spreading.

I understand how to apply 'RPS' manually but it appears there is a shortcut for it, in the form RP..
As there are logically many parameters to the command (reference cube, cell etc), I was intrigued to see how this could be codified as shortcut keystrokes. I could find no answer in the documentation, but did discover that, having performed one manual RPS upon a concolsidate cell, I could type "RP+500" in the same cell and this would perform as expected, i.e. add 500 in the same 'RP'

Does anyone have any information as to whether relative proportional spreading can be applied entirely by shortcut keystrokes?

Many thanks for any help.
"the earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens" - Baha'u'llah
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Relative Proportional Spread Codes

Post by jim wood »

You do it via TI process and assign the process to a TM1 Action button. Not quite what you're after I know.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
Gregor Koch
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1, CX
Version: 9.0 and up
Excel Version: 2007 and up

Re: Relative Proportional Spread Codes

Post by Gregor Koch »

Hi,
I guess the reasoning why the RPS is only available through the context menu is that compared to 'simple' spreads like Proportional Spread you need to provide the details (possibly another cube) of what you want to base your spread on.
The list of shortcuts can be found in the documentation.
Btw, afaik Proportional Spread is the only one available in TI.

Cheers