Modify }tp Process

dhims
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 951 952 101 10101
Excel Version: 2003 2007 2010

Modify }tp Process

Post by dhims »

Hi all,
Have anybody tried modifying any of }tp processes? I want to modify }tp_Workflow_Submit_node process to include execution of 3 more processes when it gets executed. Though system is allowing to modify the }tp_Workflow_Submit_node process, but after some times it resets to its original state.

Please help...

or can there be alternative way to execute custom processes while user submits a contributor node?

Thanks in Advance

Dhimant
Andy Key
MVP
Version: 2.5 to PA
Excel Version: Lots

Re: Modify }tp Process

Post by Andy Key »

I changed a lot of the }tp processes in v9.5.2 as the client wanted to use their existing Websheets rather than the cube view based interface.

I never had the processes reset themselves, but I kept a backup outside of the data directory just in case the client applied a fix pack or a hot fix which would reset the processes to those in the fix pack.

Also we only ever deployed the model once - if you need to redeploy and run a }tp_delete_all (or whatever it's called) then I think you are going to delete these process and they will be reprovisioned from the originals.
Andy Key
dhims
Version: 951 952 101 10101
Excel Version: 2003 2007 2010

Re: Modify }tp Process

Post by dhims »

Hi andy,

what i found that the process does not get reset after running tp_delete_all.

I am not sure though, as i could not determine exact event on which it gets reset. I had an idle tm1 server on which i was not doing anything, I tested on the same and found that process gets reset even without doing anything on that server.

This is little wired, i tried to locate things using audit and other logs but i could not reach to the trigger point which resets process.

Btw i am using TM1 10.1.

Please share more thoughts

Dhims