SQL Query Extract Taking 3 Hours To Load Using TI

slu
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Planning Analytics 2.0
Excel Version: 2016

SQL Query Extract Taking 3 Hours To Load Using TI

Post by slu »

All,

We upgrade from TM1 9.4 to 9.5.2. At the same time, we changed from Oracle SQL server to 2008 SQL server. Our source data is from JD Edward. The SQL statement we used to update a project dimension which is simple, there are only two variables to select, one is project ID (varchar), another is project name (char). Running this query takes seconds in SQL server 2008, there are only a total of 1329 records. But it takes three hours to import it through TM1 (ODBC). This is just one of TI processes we change data source, other works fine. Consultant who helps us doing upgrade stated that connection is good, if just running a few records of this table, it is good too. I copy new code (SQL server) and old code (Oracle SQL) below, consultant did the trim() in TI instead of in SQL. I read threads about SQL fails, none close to we experienced, I am looking for a solution. I try MS query tomorrow. This TI hung our chore and stops our upgrade process. Thank you

Code: Select all

select J_ABAN8 , J_ABALPH
from VW_TM1_F0101_SUBLEDGER_DESC

Code: Select all

select trim(J_ABAN8), J_ABALPH
from VW_TM1_F0101_SUBLEDGER_DESC
jstrygner
MVP
Version: 9.5.2 FP3
Excel Version: 2010

Re: SQL Query Extract Taking 3 Hours To Load Using TI

Post by jstrygner »

I experienced that speed of loading via ODBC may significantly change if you check/uncheck the "Use Unicode" checkbox on first tab of TurboIntegrator interface.
nick_leeson
OLAP Product: TM1 9x, BPC, Hyperion, HANA
Version: TM1 10
Excel Version: Excel 2003 - 2010

Post by nick_leeson »

TRIM is not a SQL Server Function is it a UDF that you are using ?

How about testing it with a single where clause ? Oracle to SQL server 2008 is not a easy one. Have you created the appropriate indexes ?
slu

Post by slu »

we use unicode (check), also we use rtrim(ltrim()) to repalce Oracle SQL trim(), wroks for other TIs, but not this one. The source data is a view, maybe that affects TM1?
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

slu wrote:we use unicode (check)
Have you tested "unchecking" unicode?
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
slu

Post by slu »

I have not tested unchecking unicode. I think the issue is related to data type. The TI is used to update dimension (one is project, other is customer, both have problems), TI syntax does element adding to the dimension if element is not found. Our DBA team changed one dimension's data type (customer ID from integer to char), a new customer ID was added to the dimension like 000101731-A, if we keep the orignal data type (int), a new customer ID was added to the dimension with a profix 101731.-Alias, now my dimension has three elements in it casuing attribute maintenance batch error- not unique attributes (for Orphan customers only), they are three elements in my customer dimension: 101731-Seven Eleven LLC, 101731.-Seven Eleven LLC, 000101731-A-Seven Eleven LLC. We contact IBM support for the problem. As to my project dimension, we change data type from VarChar to Char, the TI was "idle"...
nick_leeson
OLAP Product: TM1 9x, BPC, Hyperion, HANA
Version: TM1 10
Excel Version: Excel 2003 - 2010

Post by nick_leeson »

OK Take the "new" SQL and put into a new TI and do a preview and compare the timings !!
slu

Post by slu »

I think my consultant fixed the problem by using numbertostring function for cust dimension, using ASCIItextout() for project ID, both processes worked suddenly. My TI experience is only sufficient to understand how written TIs do, I am not up to developing anything yet. Seems like an easy fix since I knew it is date type issue, not sure why it took so long for the consultant to figure that out.