Help: TM1 Perspective and BO Live Office Plugin Conflict

mikiluo
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1.1 ; 10.2.2 ; PAL 2.0.1
Excel Version: 2010

Help: TM1 Perspective and BO Live Office Plugin Conflict

Post by mikiluo »

Hello,
We found that TM1 Perspective and BO Live Office plugin can't co-exist in Excel at the same time.
If user have enabled BO live office plugin in Excel, error will occur when you lunch TM1 Perspective.The error is "file not found: tm1xl.ocx". I have tried to register Tm1prc.dll Tm1xl.ocx as told by ibm website, but this does not work. IF I disable Live Office in Excel, TM1 Perpective can be lunched correctly.
After I lunch Perspective in Excel, I can't enable Live Office any more, unless I disable the Perspective plugin.So these two Excel plugin can't co-exist.

But our customer need to use both , could some one can help.
How to solve the "file not found: tm1xl.ocx" error when user have enabled BO live office.
Millions of thanks.

I'm using TM1 9.5.2 with SP1, BO XI Live Office 4.0, Excel 2010, Operation System is Win7

Miki
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Help: TM1 Perspective and BO Live Office Plugin Conflict

Post by lotsaram »

Many Excel add-ins can't coexist. Usually if if the add-ins are both monitoring or taking over certain Excel events, pertinently calculation for TM1, then this will cause conflict and coexistence is unlikely. Although in this case the symptom of reporting that a required library can't be found seems strange.

I wish you luck but I doubt you will find a solution for this other than sequential access in separate Excel sessions or quarantining the clients and delivering one of them via a Citrix application as opposed to direct Excel thick client.