Issue installing TM1 9.5.1

Faizaln
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.1.1
Excel Version: 2000

Issue installing TM1 9.5.1

Post by Faizaln »

Hi All

I am trying to instally TM1 951 localy on my machine (currently on 9.3 and figure it might be time to look at upgrading)

The issue I have is after installing the application, and trying try to run it , I get a message saying that it cannot find C:\Program Files\Cognos\TM1\bin\tm1p.dll .
But when I look in the directory, I can clearly see DLL there.

any advice?
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: Issue installing TM1 9.5.1

Post by Alan Kirk »

Faizaln wrote:Hi All

I am trying to instally TM1 951 localy on my machine (currently on 9.3 and figure it might be time to look at upgrading)

The issue I have is after installing the application, and trying try to run it , I get a message saying that it cannot find C:\Program Files\Cognos\TM1\bin\tm1p.dll .
But when I look in the directory, I can clearly see DLL there.

any advice?
It's not exactly the same symptom (in that a different file is reported as being not found) but you may want to take a look at this to see whether it's relevant to you:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... RXT&mync=E
IBM Support (extract only) wrote:Problem(Abstract)
Attempts to launch TM1 Perspectives result in an error. This is often (but not always) seen when trying to launch the tm1p.xla from a share where it is hit by multiple users.

Symptom
Run-time error '53':File not found: tm1xl.ocx

Cause
The .dll/.ocx files are not registered.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.