XDI Worksheet button on Toolbar

LeeTaylor1979
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

XDI Worksheet button on Toolbar

Post by LeeTaylor1979 »

All,

I have recently upgraded to TM1 9.4.1 FP003, I have also recently moved to office 2007.

All seems to be work very well at the moment.

In 9.1 on Office 2003, there were 3 buttons on the toolbar for open .xdi, Save .xdi and create .xdi these are no longer in my tool bar.

I have searched and found nothing and have also tried trawling through this forum to see if it had come up before but again found nothing.

Can someone please point me in the right direction as these button are very useful as I use xdi files for almost all my Dims.

Thanks in advance.

Lee
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: XDI Worksheet button on Toolbar

Post by Alan Kirk »

LeeTaylor1979 wrote:All,

I have recently upgraded to TM1 9.4.1 FP003, I have also recently moved to office 2007.

All seems to be work very well at the moment.

In 9.1 on Office 2003, there were 3 buttons on the toolbar for open .xdi, Save .xdi and create .xdi these are no longer in my tool bar.

I have searched and found nothing and have also tried trawling through this forum to see if it had come up before but again found nothing.

Can someone please point me in the right direction as these button are very useful as I use xdi files for almost all my Dims.
It does sound like you're running Client, not Perspectives. (You should also be able to tell from the splash screen that appears when TM1 loads; it probably says Client rather than Perspectives.) Client by itself is intended for end users, not admins, and so doesn't give access to admin tools like creating .xdis. You need to ensure that you have a tm1p8.lic file installed on your machine to give you access to the full Perspectives tool. (Check the documentation for your version on where that file is supposed to go.)

If that's not it and without wishing to suggest the obvious, right click in the toolbar area and make sure that you haven't somehow turned the TM1 Developer toolbar off.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
LeeTaylor1979

Post by LeeTaylor1979 »

Alan,

Thanks for your reply.

I have been through the readme document that cam ewith the download but nothing in there ref Licences.

I definitely have the perpectives version of TM1 installed and also the tm1p8.lic file is in my licence folder under tm1data (Same place and my livedata).

I have also right clicked on the tool bar to try and find an option for tm1 developer but no luck.

Sorry if I am being a bit thick, have you any other ideas ?

Thanks

Lee
LeeTaylor1979

Post by LeeTaylor1979 »

Alan,

I reinstall Tm1 on my machine making sure I included everything needed and it now looks fine.

Thanks for you help very much appreciated.

Lee