Passing credentials from .net web page

jjp3308
OLAP Product: Essbase, MSAS
Version: 9.5.0 MSSAS 2008
Excel Version: 2007

Passing credentials from .net web page

Post by jjp3308 »

Happy New year to all ..

I currently use MSAS 2008 as ny OLAP data source and Executive Viewer Ver 9.5.0 as one of my reporting tools to report on MSAS.

Can anyone guide me on how to pass credtials from .Net web page to an executive viewer view.. My issue is how to create the URL link and include the credentials.
The link I am using looks like the following:::

javascript:void(window.open('http://servername/EVExplorer/Default.as ... 3','_blank'))

IS there a way to pass credentials of the user who is executing the link ? Do I need any additional things to accomplish this

Thanks for you help..
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Passing credentials from .net web page

Post by jim wood »

This is maily a TM1 forum and not an EV forum. There is a forum that you can access at http://www.evusers.org/.

Admin - Moved to the Analaysis services forum.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Passing credentials from .net web page

Post by jim wood »

But to answer your question....

To use EV within a web page (.net or otherwise) you need to embed an EV object in your web page and use the the various API function calls to both control your object and pas it parameters. There is an API interface guide with the EV install. Any other gaps should be filled at the forum I linked to above.

NB. Be patient with the above forum the main knowledge base is just 2 guys and they try to answer questions when they can.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube