MDX Studio

Mike Cowie
Site Admin
OLAP Product: IBM TM1/PA, SSAS, and more
Version: Anything thru 11.x
Excel Version: 2003 - Office 365

MDX Studio

Post by Mike Cowie »

For anyone looking for a utility that can be used with Analysis Services (2005 and higher, I believe) to better analyze and understand how MDX queries are parsed and perform, with some graphical aids, please look at the following: http://www.mosha.com/msolap/mdxstudio.htm

From that website's "What is MDX Studio":
MDX Studio is tool which helps users of Microsoft Analysis Services to analyze complex MDX expressions, monitor performance characteristics of MDX queries and get insight into how MDX interacts with other UDM features such as attribute relationships. MDX Studio provides unique visualization representation of MDX expression and allows the user to interact with different stages of MDX execution.
-Mike
Mike Cowie
QueBIT Consulting, LLC

Are you lost without Print Reports in Planning Analytics for Excel (PAfE)? Get it back today, for free, with Print Reports for IBM Planning Analytics for Excel!
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: MDX Studio

Post by jim wood »

Mike,

I can't access the download area on this site because it is blocked in our office network. Do you know if the download is hosted / uploaded somewhere else?

Jim.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
Mike Cowie
Site Admin
OLAP Product: IBM TM1/PA, SSAS, and more
Version: Anything thru 11.x
Excel Version: 2003 - Office 365

Post by Mike Cowie »

jim wood wrote: I can't access the download area on this site because it is blocked in our office network. Do you know if the download is hosted / uploaded somewhere else?
Hi Jim,

Here is the current download link - not sure if it will work for you or not, but worth a try:
http://cid-74f04d1ea28ece4e.skydrive.li ... dio/v0.4.8

It looks like you can navigate around a bit here, meaning you should be able to get to any other updated releases that are made available. For example:
http://cid-74f04d1ea28ece4e.skydrive.li ... /MDXStudio

Regards,
Mike
Mike Cowie
QueBIT Consulting, LLC

Are you lost without Print Reports in Planning Analytics for Excel (PAfE)? Get it back today, for free, with Print Reports for IBM Planning Analytics for Excel!
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by jim wood »

Unfortunatley they are blocked as well. I'll see if I can bring it from home on my stick. Thanks anyway Mike,

Jim.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube