What's happened to the EV User Group Forum

Not related to a specific OLAP tool. (Includes forum policies and rules).
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

What's happened to the EV User Group Forum

Post by jim wood »

Guys,

I don't know if any of you go to teh EV USer Group Forum but it seems to be completely dead. I posted on there yesterday and nobody has read it never mind reply,

Jim.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
hardstep
OLAP Product: TM1, EP, Powerplay, C8/C10
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2013

Re: What's happened to the EV User Group Forum

Post by hardstep »

I tried to register on it last week - and i'm still waiting for the moderator to accept my joining.
Without being a member I cannot see any previous posts - which is a shame as it still remains a key product for IBM (In Cognos Express (Advisor) and the later versions of TM1)
Very disappointing !
Nick
jim wood
Site Admin

Post by jim wood »

I'll see if I can send one of the moderators a PM.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
jim wood
Site Admin

Post by jim wood »

I have indeed sent a PM to a guy named Paul who seems to be the most active moderator on the site. I mentioned that I knew of at least one user waiting for verification. Hopefully that should get things moving. If nothing happens I'll try one of the other moderators,

Jim.
Shop at Amazon
Martin Ryan
Site Admin
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Martin Ryan »

I registered years ago, I never got an email saying my account had been validated, but after I went back a week or so later the account was active - so the email function might just be busted.
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer
jim wood
Site Admin

Post by jim wood »

If that's the case the PM I sent earlier might not even reach the moderator anyway!!!
Shop at Amazon
Andy Key
MVP
Version: 2.5 to PA
Excel Version: Lots

Post by Andy Key »

I also tried signing up a couple of years ago and didn't get a reply.

Which was a shame as it was a google search that lead me there, and I could see that the thread google was pointing me too was going to give me the answer I wanted.

After a couple of days without a reply I did the query again, but went through google's cached results. Full thread, question answered, no sign up required.
Andy Key
hardstep

Post by hardstep »

Sounds to me like its a dead forum !.
Surely it makes sense to have an EV / Advisor section here ?.
Cheers
Nick
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

hardstep wrote:Sounds to me like its a dead forum !.
Surely it makes sense to have an EV / Advisor section here ?.
Cheers
Nick
The thought has occurred to us, but count the number of posts on anything EV-related in the main TM1 forum, even for the reporting component of CX; it barely registers as a blip on the radar. We're more than happy to host a forum for any OLAP product, but the interest just doesn't seem to be there and the "If you build it, they will come" approach doesn't seem to work; just look at the state of any of the sub-forums inside the "Other OLAP Tools" section.

People are certainly welcome to post EV (especially but not limited to its CX incarnation) issues in the main TM1 forum but unless we start getting at least several posts per week for it I'm not sure that there will be a lot of value in hiving off onto a separate forum. In fact there may be less as a forum dedicated only to EV would probably see less traffic, especially as e-mail subscriptions to one forum don't carry over to sub-forums (primarily because of anti-spam laws); if we created one, EV users would have to subscribe to it separately if they wanted to be notified of new posts.

(My personal views, not posted on behalf of the other admins.)
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
hardstep

Post by hardstep »

Take your points onboard Alan !.
I agree it is quite a niche set of users that use the EV product or its CX Advisor equivalent.
Having lurked on this forum for sometime - I find it a great resource, however when I see posts referring users to another forum
which appears to be un-moderated and certainly wont allow you to sign up to view the existing content - it leaves me feeling disappointed.
( I sincerely appreciate all the help of people on this forum reaching out to their moderator friends on the other forum btw !).

I am starting to see CX Advisor being adopted by my customers - and the latest version has some quite neat visualisation techniques for quick dashboarding and analysis of TM1/Xcelerator/ICAS data.
Hopefully we can see the interest in this product mature !.

Cheers
Nick
jim wood
Site Admin

Post by jim wood »

Guys,

I got a reply from Paul (The EV forum moderator) and the EV forum is indeed still going. From what I ahve seen it relies heavily on Paul and another guy from the Netherlands as they answer virtually every question so when they are not around the responeses tends to dry up.

I would stick with the EV forum for now. The more people post on there the greater the understanding of the larger community,

Jim.
Shop at Amazon
Andrea
OLAP Product: Tm1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2014

Post by Andrea »

Hi, since cubus has the cubus EV Product, also the EV User Group Forum is more alive. Check it out.. or go to www.cubus-ev.com