Junk mail

Not related to a specific OLAP tool. (Includes forum policies and rules).
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Junk mail

Post by Steve Rowe »

I've just had some junk mail from BS Partners (that’s Bright Star not any other amusing BS acronyms, I can think of two that could be appropriate) an Illinois based cognos consultancy. Anyone else had a mail from them? Just wondering where they got my address from and if Im just lucky!
Cheers,
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
Eric
MVP
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

Re: Junk mail

Post by Eric »

Sorry no
Regards,
Eric
Blog: http://tm1-tipz.blogspot.com
Articles: http://www.google.com/reader/shared/use ... /label/TM1

Production: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Web: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Server. Excel 2003
John Hobson
Site Admin
OLAP Product: Any
Version: 1.0
Excel Version: 2020

Post by John Hobson »

I get junk every week from some "bozo head hunter" trying foist Cognos consultants on to me.

I have told him he is wasting his time and making a bad impression but he still keeps on.

I imagine he got my contact details from the Cognos Partner area rather than here though.
John Hobson
The Planning Factory
George Regateiro
MVP
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2007 SP3

Post by George Regateiro »

I cannot say i have received any cognos related spam lately, but seeing as how the cognos forum exposed all that information at one point it would not be suprising if you they were able to pick it off of there if you had posted to that forum. Unfortunately with the growth of the product through acquisitions there are alot more sources for that information to get out from.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

Steve Rowe wrote:I've just had some junk mail from BS Partners (that’s Bright Star not any other amusing BS acronyms, I can think of two that could be appropriate) an Illinois based cognos consultancy. Anyone else had a mail from them? Just wondering where they got my address from and if Im just lucky!
Illinois, you say? {Narrows eyes suspiciously...} :)

Nope, not me either.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by jim wood »

I only get stuff from Systems Accounts in the UK, but I know how they got my details and it wasn't from here. Did you apply for any jobs recently or have you registered at the likes monster? Your details may have been passed on by somebody else,

Jim.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
Eric
MVP

Post by Eric »

Illinois, you say? {Narrows eyes suspiciously...} :)
Quickly diverting focus away from the AU...hmmmmm. I don't know the Captain commands the Starship Enterprise. I am sure that thing can SPAM the $#!+ out of all of us

<Looks up in case I need to dodge any photon torpedoes>...........<Takes a quick step to the left just in case.>
Regards,
Eric

Production: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Web: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Server. Excel 2003
jim wood
Site Admin

Post by jim wood »

Mr Kirk stole a Klingon bord of pray, flew round the sun, landed in Illinois and created some TM1 junk filters before flying round the sun again back to OZ.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

jim wood wrote:Mr Kirk stole a Klingon bord of pray, flew round the sun, landed in Illinois and created some TM1 junk filters before flying round the sun again back to OZ.
A "bord of pray"? I thought that was Sarah Palin's education policy.

Oh wait, wrong thread. :lol:

Now if I could get my hands on a Bird of Prey, on the other hand... hmm, where to first? Rome? Vancouver? One of those legendary Southern En-gur-land TM1 User Group booze-ups? :?
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
Eric
MVP

Post by Eric »

Now if I could get my hands on a Bird of Prey, on the other hand... hmm, where to first? Rome? Vancouver? One of those legendary Southern En-gur-land TM1 User Group booze-ups? :?
If your going to the TM1 User Booze up pick me up. I promise the speedo stays in Chicago! :lol:
Regards,
Eric

jim wood
Site Admin

Post by jim wood »

Pick me up as well. I'm over 200 miles away from London and the drive through Birmingham is a pain,

Jim.

PS. Lay off my lack of typing skill. It ain't my fault my fingers have the agility of a sleeping hippo!
Shop at Amazon
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

Eric wrote:
Alan Kirk wrote:Now if I could get my hands on a Bird of Prey, on the other hand... hmm, where to first? Rome? Vancouver? One of those legendary Southern En-gur-land TM1 User Group booze-ups? :?
If your going to the TM1 User Booze up pick me up. I promise the speedo stays in Chicago! :lol:
Speaking of which, tell me that the firm named in this article isn't the result of a joke made up on one such evening:
More CEOs face the sack

November 11, 2008 - 2:05PM

More chief executives will be sacked for underperformance in 2008 than last year and this will be due mostly to the global financial crisis, researchers say.

However, while their tenancy is, on average, shorter than than their overseas counterparts, the total returns generated to their shareholders over the past few years was well above the long-term average.

Management consultancy firm Booz & Company today said 18% of the chief executives from the top 200 companies listed on the Australian stock exchange departed in 2007.
-----------
jim wood
Site Admin

Post by jim wood »

Sounds like great place to work. Friends + ale = happy days!!!!
Shop at Amazon