Gmail tip

Not related to a specific OLAP tool. (Includes forum policies and rules).
Martin Ryan
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Gmail tip

Post by Martin Ryan »

Just a suggestion here. I am finding my Gmail account is working brilliantly with this forum. Because Gmail groups emails into conversations based on the subject, all the posts in a discussion are getting put together, so it makes it very easy to follow what's going on. In outlook I can imagine that it will all be very disjointed.

I know it's a pain having multiple email addresses to check, but if you were looking for another reason to move to Gmail, this might be it.

Martin
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer
George Regateiro
MVP
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2007 SP3

Re: Gmail tip

Post by George Regateiro »

For those users using Outlook the RSS feeds and the grouping by subject works fairly well. It does tend to seperate the post from the replies, but it will group the replies together. This is a good alternative for those of us who cannot access gmail from work.
Paul Segal
Community Contributor
Version: TM1 11 and up
Excel Version: Too many to count

Re: Gmail tip

Post by Paul Segal »

George Regateiro wrote:For those users using Outlook the RSS feeds and the grouping by subject works fairly well. It does tend to seperate the post from the replies, but it will group the replies together. This is a good alternative for those of us who cannot access gmail from work.
I don't know your company policy, but accessing gmail via https:// etc can often work, as can setting up a google domain, where plain old http:// etc gets bounced.
Paul