The Big Blue Blues

Not related to a specific OLAP tool. (Includes forum policies and rules).
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

The Big Blue Blues

Post by Alan Kirk »

I meant to post this when I saw it last week. Oddly I was reminded of it by yet another "Hey, look, new white paper, empower and proactively leverage your business NOW!" e-mail from Doug Barton plopping into my inbox a few minutes ago.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/world-bu ... -spsc.html

(Extract)
International Business Machines Corp. said services signings fell last quarter, suggesting corporate customers are still delaying some technology spending following the economic slowdown.

Signings of service contracts, which account for more than half of revenue, dropped about 2 per cent to $US12.3 billion, Armonk, New York-based IBM said today in a statement. Application- management signings declined 23 per cent.

IBM shares have lagged behind the Standard & Poor's 500 Index this year. Investors have waited for the company, the world's largest computer-services provider, to signal that it can boost growth without changes in foreign exchange rates or cutting expenses, said Keith Bachman, an analyst at BMO Capital Markets.

Bachman rates IBM shares "outperform" and doesn't own any.
Hmmmmm.... insert the emoticon for "a raised eyebrow" here.

There's nothing in the article about Cognos or TM1's performance, but I found it interesting regardless.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.