Forum Layout 9.4

Not related to a specific OLAP tool. (Includes forum policies and rules).
Martin Ryan
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Forum Layout 9.4

Post by Martin Ryan »

I've re-layed the site out to improve the access to the TM1 forum. Took the opportunity to rename and move some of the other forums.

Even though TM1 is a Cognos tool, it's our main discussion point, so makes more sense to have it available from the home page.

Cheers,
Martin
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: Forum Layout 9.4

Post by Alan Kirk »

I just noticed that; very cool, saves a click. (Since I usually scan the index page fist to see what's happening.)

I'm a little worried about the use of "9.4" as the layout number though. :shock:
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
Mike L

Post by Mike L »

I agree, flat is better. At least until the forum becomes so popular that a hierarchy is needed to manage ginormous quantities of topical areas.

One other suggestion re. layout: maybe it's just my browser settings (or my aging eyes), but in the index page gray text on blue backgroung is hard to make out. Could we boost contrast with a paler background, or a darker font?

Thanks
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

Mike L wrote:I agree, flat is better. At least until the forum becomes so popular that a hierarchy is needed to manage ginormous quantities of topical areas.

One other suggestion re. layout: maybe it's just my browser settings (or my aging eyes), but in the index page gray text on blue backgroung is hard to make out. Could we boost contrast with a paler background, or a darker font?
Mike,

I'm not sure about the colours (I'm sure that they can be changed, I'm just not sure how or where off the top of my head and in any case that'd have to be something run through a consensus), but one feature that you may want to avail yourself of is the change font size tool up in the top right hand corner of the screen. (It's next to the RSS feed icon; it looks like an A with up and down arrows next to it.) This allows you to boost up the size of the fonts for your own sessions. It doesn't enhance the contrast as such, but the increase in size still enhances the readability. This is particularly evident for people with very high screen resolutions; the machine I'm typing this on, for example, is running at 1920 * 1200 and jumping up the font size does wonders for readability of the pages.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
Mike L

Post by Mike L »

Ok, my legibility problem was due to an antique browser. It was rendering the background as a very dark color blend. On my new computer (woo hoo!) with IE7 the forum skin is just fine.