A truly sad day.

Not related to a specific OLAP tool. (Includes forum policies and rules).
Captain Pugwash
OLAP Product: Brace
Version: Your
Excel Version: Mainsails

A truly sad day.

Post by Captain Pugwash »

Avast me hearties,
'tis a sad day, me creator has gone to Davy Jones locker. I'll be in the Bucket of Blood tonight if anyone wants share a tot or two of Rum in honor of the great mans passing.

RIP John Ryan
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: A truly sad day.

Post by Alan Kirk »

Captain Pugwash wrote:Avast me hearties,
'tis a sad day, me creator has gone to Davy Jones locker. I'll be in the Bucket of Blood tonight if anyone wants share a tot or two of Rum in honor of the great mans passing.

RIP John Ryan
You have to bear in mind that those of us who are not from Jolly old England may be unaware of all of the anthropological and cultural nuances of the sceptred isle.

This can result in some of us scratching our heads and wondering what the name Captain Pugwash, previously known only as a poster in the old Applix forum, had to do with the CIA analyst in The Hunt For Red October... which may be the only John Ryan many of us could think of.

For those, like me, who were in that condition, I offer this link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8166946.stm
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
garry cook
Community Contributor
Version: Various
Excel Version: Various

Post by garry cook »

Did we ever find out who Cap'n Pugwash or Curmudgeon were from the old forum by the way?
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Steve Vincent »

Certainly know who Puggie is ;) Won't spoil the facade unless they wish to out themselves tho :mrgreen:
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet