The Capt, Star Date 5000

Not related to a specific OLAP tool. (Includes forum policies and rules).
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

The Capt, Star Date 5000

Post by jim wood »

Alan,
CaptainKirk.JPG
CaptainKirk.JPG (31.54 KiB) Viewed 15722 times
Congratulations on reaching 5000 posts. Not only have you hit such a mark, you've done so with posts of unquestionable quality. Your Java series alone is is great reason why people should join this forum. We're very lucky to have you,

Jim.

PS. Sorry it's a bit late. I know you've already got to 5022 but I was on my jollies.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: The Capt, Star Date 5000

Post by Alan Kirk »

Thanks very much Jim.

But when the Java series is finished, I've decided that for my 6000th post (which will probably be some time the week after that)... I'm going to go down to the local coffee shop and buy a cupcake and put six candles on it.

{Slumps back in exhaustion not from writing the series so much, but the phpBB formatting.} :shock:

One up side of that monolithic monster is that I've come across some keyboard shortcuts for formatting in phpBB, because I had to. [Alt]+[Shift]+ certain keys will wrap the currently selected content inside phpBB codes:
[Alt]+[Shift]+ for bold;
[Alt]+[Shift]+ for Italics;
[Alt]+[Shift]+ for underline

Code: Select all

[Alt]+[Shift]+[C] for Code
[Alt]+[Shift]+[Q] for Quote
[Alt]+[Shift]+[L] for List.

Works on Firefox and IE. Does not work on Chrome.

Makes it easier to explore strange new languages, to seek out new APIs and new user interfaces, to boldly type until the J, a, v and a letters wear out on my keyboard...
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
yyi
Community Contributor

Re: The Capt, Star Date 5000

Post by yyi »

Congratulations Capt'n, and it was a privilege and honor serving under your command on the enterprise systems.
My brief tour there remains the best times in the TM1 space.

Recently I was briefly on board a borg vessel where I resisted assimilation that didn't go down well with the hive,
so I'm now enjoying a quiet civilian life.
Yeon