Are RSS Feeds Possible on this forum?

Not related to a specific OLAP tool. (Includes forum policies and rules).
TJMurphy
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.6 Local
Excel Version: Excel 2016

Are RSS Feeds Possible on this forum?

Post by TJMurphy »

Hi, is it possible to turn on an RSS feed for this forum? Email works but personally I prefer a feed that I can keep track of. I've seen it on other forums so I suppose it might be an option somewere on this one?

Thanks
Tony
Martin Ryan
Site Admin
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Re: Are RSS Feeds Possible on this forum?

Post by Martin Ryan »

Hey Tony,

I've installed a mod that should do this. Looks like it's doing its thing. Hit the orange RSS icon in the top right and go from there.

Martin
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer
TJMurphy
Version: PA 2.0.6 Local
Excel Version: Excel 2016

Post by TJMurphy »

Thanks, it's working though there seems to be a limit of 10 items which might become an issue as and when this forum takes off more.

Actually, it's a bit more tricky to read than I expected as it can't handle threading (my RSS Reader I mean) so I'm going to rely on it to update on Topic Titles rather than use it for tracking conversations.

Tony
Martin Ryan
Site Admin

Post by Martin Ryan »

I've updated the number of posts to 50, but as you point out it's always going to be difficult with a dozen different conversations to figure out what post relates to which.

Martin
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer
Eric
MVP
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

Post by Eric »

How often does the RSS update? I posted something on Friday and is just now showed up in Google Reader. Can this me tweaked to update daily, or even hourly?
Regards,
Eric
Blog: http://tm1-tipz.blogspot.com
Articles: http://www.google.com/reader/shared/use ... /label/TM1

Production: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Web: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Server. Excel 2003
Martin Ryan
Site Admin

Post by Martin Ryan »

The settings say there's a refresh every 300 seconds.

I have noticed that one of the users I see on the forum from time to time is "Google Feedfetcher". This is only a guess, but I think this fetcher is not coming that often at the moment. That may change as the forum gets larger - but it might not.

Sorry I can't do more.

Martin
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer