IBM Cognos Systems Manager
GKN Aerospace Engine Systems (“AES”) is a global manufacturing and service supplier in the Aerospace Engine sector. One of the world’s largest independent aero engine suppliers, AES is headquartered in Trollhättan, Sweden with facilities across Sweden, North America, Norway and Mexico and is part of GKN plc, a FTSE-100 Engineering company headquartered in the UK.
AES is currently implementing a IBM Cognos TM1 / BI based planning, budgeting and forecasting solution, and is seeking to hire an experienced and ambitious resource to lead the operation, development, maintenance and support of the solution. AES will be one of the global centres of excellence for IBM Cognos within the wider GKN group.
Trollhättan, Sweden – some flexible working from Gothenburg office an option
Reports to Divisional Financial Controller, dotted line to IT
• Take an integral role in driving the strategic implementation of TM1 through to completion in AES, and beyond
• Support leadership to design processes that embed the tool into the day-to-day operations of the business, engaging all key functions and stakeholders
• Design, build and test using Cognos TM1 - including dimensions, cubes, input forms, business rules, business process flows, security profiles, transformation & conversion rules, logic scripts
• Design, build and test using Cognos BI – including the creation and maintenance of Dashboards and Reports
• Tight integration with IT infrastructure, security, change management and operational procedures.
• Responsible for Cognos administration & architecture: application health and security; license management and vendor interaction; co-ordinating and communicating test,release, upgrade and patching activities
• Conduct business and technical requirements gathering and design
• Create user and system documentation
• Providing end user training and support
• Act as a business partner to optimise the value the organisation takes from the system
Education, Skills & Experience Requirements
• 2+ years experience with financial modelling and reporting
• 3+ years experience developing Cognos TM1 / Enterprise Planning.
• 2+ year experience developing with Cognos BI (Report Studio or other Cognos Reporting tools)
• Intermediate to advanced testing and QA skills
• Degree in technical competence or equivalent work experience
• Team worker with ‘can-do’ collaborative approach
• Strong analytical skills and ability to think and act independently
• Ambitious outlook, drive to develop yourself and those around you
• Self-starter that can drive work to completion with high quality, uses initiative and can progress with limited guidance when necessary
• Strong communication skills. Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience, and express complex issues in a concise manner
• Language Skills (English mandatory & Swedish desired)
• Proficiency with Microsoft SQL Server an advantage
• Experience project managing implementations and change
• Experience in a Manufacturing environment
Discuss / promote job opportunities for any OLAP / BI tool here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1