Version A
Version B
Version C
Version D
Version E
Version F
Adhoc (C)

['Adhoc']=>['Version A'];

Version A is a calculated version depending on what is assign to Adhoc consolidation.
so if I move Version B to Adhoc consolidation, this would mean that Version B is feeding version A.
Will the feeders get process automatically after i replace version B with version C to be under "Adhoc" consol ?

If
rmackenzie
MVP

Re: Feeders Issue

Post by rmackenzie »

winsonlee wrote:Will the feeders get process automatically after i replace version B with version C to be under "Adhoc" consol ?
I believe not - you'd need to run the CubeProcessFeeders command to get TM1 to re-evaluate.

See this thread discussing a similar issue - cube to cube rather than intra-cube.
Robin Mackenzie
winsonlee
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Cognos Express
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2007

Post by winsonlee »

Thanks for the reply.
I was thinking i am able to get away with not using CubeProcessFeeders as it takes 10-15 minutes to refresh the feeders.
But i was testing it and it got to use CubeProcessFeeders .

Does it make any difference if making Adhoc N level element, and copy the data to Adhoc depending on which version i use ? does it require CubeProcessFeeders as well ?
rmackenzie
MVP

Post by rmackenzie »

I'd imagine that if AdHoc was an n-element and you are copying data there for the first time then it would set the feeders on its target. If you copying in one data-set after another then depending on how you clear out the previous data-set then they would refire. Why don't you build a small test model and see if it works for your set of cubes etc?
Robin Mackenzie