TM1SecurityRightRead

dmillerksu
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.7 PAW v46
Excel Version: 19

TM1SecurityRightRead

Post by dmillerksu »

Does anyone have any information regarding this TM1 formula in Excel? I'm using TM1 10.1. I just noticed this formula in Excel while working on a websheet. I feel that it's functionality would be pretty useful, but I cannot find any context regarding this formula anywhere on the web. According to the function command, there are no parameters for this formula.
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: TM1SecurityRightRead

Post by jim wood »

Moved to the TM1 forum from the general forum.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: TM1SecurityRightRead

Post by Alan Kirk »

dmillerksu wrote:Does anyone have any information regarding this TM1 formula in Excel? I'm using TM1 10.1. I just noticed this formula in Excel while working on a websheet. I feel that it's functionality would be pretty useful, but I cannot find any context regarding this formula anywhere on the web. According to the function command, there are no parameters for this formula.
Speaking of context, the exact context in which you notice something would be useful when asking a question like this. (Item 2 of the Request For Assistance Guidelines.)

It's in fact a function that is used with classic API calls, not an Excel function. You will however find it as an external function declaration in the tm1p.xla add-in (if you're looking through the Object Browser... again, the reason that context is important) simply because that add-in itself makes calls to the API. That doesn't make it an Excel function, however.

It takes no arguments because it returns what is, for want of a better term, an enumeration value. Specifically, the TM1ObjectSecurityRightGet API function will return a numeric value indicating an object's security status. That value can be compared to the values returned by a number of functions including TM1SecurityRightRead(), TM1SecurityRightWrite(), TM1SecurityRightNone(), etc to determine what the level of security for the object is.

To be able to do that comparison, however, you need to get a handle to the object concerned by using the appropriate blocks of API code, code which will be neither brief nor simple. Consequently trying to use it as an Excel function isn't going to get you very far.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.