TM1Web 10.2 and iPad

Paul Segal
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 11 and up
Excel Version: Too many to count

TM1Web 10.2 and iPad

Post by Paul Segal »

On a whim, I decided to try TM1Web 10.2 on an iPad, and for the most part it works surprisingly well and if it worked would be a lot cheaper than buying BI. However, there are some glitches I've come across:

1. The iPad doesn't appear to recognise cubes as clickable objects, so double-clicking a cube under views won't work unless it has a default view to click (which the iPad does see as clickable). Not a showstopper as it's relatively straightforward to give all relevant cubes default views.

2. The advanced dimension editor is truncated. It can just about work if you have long fingernails, but it's cut off on the left and the bottom which are the good bits.

3. How to drag and drop dimensions escapes me. The iPad wants me to cut or copy if I try and drag dimensions around.

I've tried this on Safari, Chrome (which I think is a slightly modified version of Safari on the iPad?) and Mercury so far.

Anyone else been looking at this and have any words of wisdom? (Other than "bah! humbug! new-fangled iPads!" as my bosses are very keen on their iPads,
Paul