OLAP Product: Cognos BI,Cognos TM1
Version: Cognos TM1 5.1
Excel Version: 2007

TM1 Excel reports and TM1 Web

Post by manchala »

Hi All,

Can any body clerify my query

We have some Excel reports which are accessed from TM1 perspectives and TM1 Web

BUt when accessed the report from the perspectives will filter the elements from subsets ,As per the formula (SUBNM)when filter the elements can able to pic the elements only which are available in the dimensions ,elements which are not in the dimensions will not pic and display the elements in the report throw the error

When accessing same excel report From TM1 web can able to pic the all elements displaying all the valus with out any error.

Can any body tell what is the difference in funtionality both the excel perspectives and TM1 Web(when using the same report)

Thank you
Praveen
--Kumar
rkaif
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 9.1 or later
Excel Version: 2003 or later

Re: TM1 Excel reports and TM1 Web

Post by rkaif »

manchala wrote: As per the formula (SUBNM)when filter the elements can able to pic the elements only which are available in the dimensions ,elements which are not in the dimensions will not pic and display the elements in the report throw the error

First of all can you explain that how can you select a element in Subset Editor (SUBNM) which is not part of the dimension? The Subset Editor only allows you select the elements which are part of the dimension.

Secondly are you passing any values from other cells as a reference to your SUBNM formula? It will be handy if you can share the spreadsheet or atleast the SUBNM formula
Cheers!
Rizwan Kaif
manchala
OLAP Product: Cognos BI,Cognos TM1
Version: Cognos TM1 5.1
Excel Version: 2007

Post by manchala »

HI Rizwan

Thank you for the reply

In the subset having accoutn manager names and those values not there in the dimensions ,

As per my analaysis in excel repor when we connect from perspectives as per formula(SUBNM) we can select the elements which are available in the diemesions.

Where as same excel report connect from tm1web there we can select the elements which are not available in the dimensions.

May i know what is the diffrence in perspective funtionality and TM1 Web funtionality.

The same SUBNM funtion why funtioning diffrently in TM1web and perspectives.

-Kumar.
Attachments
Excel report issue.docx
(208.47 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
--Kumar
java_to_tm1
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: Excel 2010

Post by java_to_tm1 »

manchala wrote: As per my analaysis in excel repor when we connect from perspectives as per formula(SUBNM) we can select the elements which are available in the diemesions.
Where as same excel report connect from tm1web there we can select the elements which are not available in the dimensions.
May i know what is the diffrence in perspective funtionality and TM1 Web funtionality.
The same SUBNM funtion why funtioning diffrently in TM1web and perspectives.
-Kumar.
Inerestingly, the attachment Kumar added has no relation to his question! The attachment describes a problem when data shows up for consolidation elements on TM1 web but not in perspective.

Kumar, may I suggest that you put in the correct attachment?

Local: Windows 7 Professional, Excel 2007
Server: Windows Server 2008 64-bit
p.s. I have a healthy disregard for Performance Muddler.