Alias's not working in Excel Retrieve

sdmmkd
Version: 9.1.2 SP3
Excel Version: 2003

Alias's not working in Excel Retrieve

Post by sdmmkd »

I encountered a problem with retrieving data based on alias's.

Background:

1.) Built Excel worksheet 2 weeks ago, utilizing alias's for the retrieve values in one of the dimensions. Proofed out sheet, everything works fine.
2.) Came in today, and only the cells that refer to Account ID's only are working, while any retrieve that is pointing to an account alias are not.
3.) Went into the attribute table, copied Alias directly from the attribute table and it still won't work.
4.) Typed in the element ID, instead of the Alias, and the values then populated as they were supposed to (both DBRW and DBRA commands)
5.) Put Alias back in and it stopped working again.

Other Observations:
A.) Only two of my dimensions uses Alias's for retrieves, but one seems to be immune from this. All ID/Alias issues appear related to the same dimension.
B.) Rebooted my PC and the server, but no luck.
C.) When I type in the ID, I can retrieve the Alias with the DBRA function with no problems.
D.) Confirmed in the attribute table that my Alias's are in fact of the "alias" type.

What am I missing here? Why did my alias's stop working all of the sudden? Is there a setting that got switched off. I've been using TM1 for 10 years and have never seen this before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Andy Key
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 2.5 to PA
Excel Version: Lots

Re: Alias's not working in Excel Retrieve

Post by Andy Key »

I can't give you any reasons as to why this starts happening, but according to the release notes, it has been fixed in 9.1 SP4. If server restarts are not fixing this - even in the short term - then as you are already on 9.1, I would suggest upgrading.
Andy Key
paulsimon
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.5
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Alias's not working in Excel Retrieve

Post by paulsimon »

Hi

We had the same bug in 9.1.3. I think it started in 9.1.2. Upgrading to 9.1.4 cures this. We only upgraded the server, not the clients, as we did not want to go through the expense of getting our in house software packing team to package up another version. This works OK.

Regards

Paul Simon