9.1 SP4 TM1 Web error

Post by par3 »

Hi All,

Firstly some background:

The server is using:

Windows 2000
Excel 2000
IE 6

I have recently upgraded the server with 9.1 Sp4 and want to use it as a web server. When however I connect to localhost/tm1web(from the server itself) everything works 100% till I want to open a view. An error then occurs and it displays nothing.

Any ideas why this may happen?

Thanx!
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: 9.1 SP4 TM1 Web error

Post by Alan Kirk »

par3 wrote:Hi All,

Firstly some background:

The server is using:

Windows 2000
Excel 2000
IE 6

I have recently upgraded the server with 9.1 Sp4 and want to use it as a web server. When however I connect to localhost/tm1web(from the server itself) everything works 100% till I want to open a view. An error then occurs and it displays nothing.

Any ideas why this may happen?
That'd be your reason right thar. Excel 2000 is way too old to generate the nexessary XML. Upgrade to Excel 2003. (The Software Requirements say 2002 or later, but I had all manner of problems with XP; I do recommend 2003.)
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
par3

Post by par3 »

Doesn't XML only come into the picture once you start opening Applications?
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

par3 wrote:Doesn't XML only come into the picture once you start opening Applications?
I think, perhaps, you may not be focusing enough on the core issue.

You've got a version of Excel on your server which the documentation states isn't supported. Your options are either to tell it repeatedly that you think it should work (in which case, it still won't), or to replace it with a version which actually does.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.