TM1 mdx to MS Access

Faizal

TM1 mdx to MS Access

Post by Faizal »

Is it possible to right an mdx in MS Access that can read into TM1?

If so, how?
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Re: TM1 mdx to MS Access

Post by Steve Rowe »

I'm pretty sure that you need to use SQL to read from Access since it is a reltaional DB not a OLAP DB.

To do this you need an ODBC conection to the Access DB and then put your access query as the data source on the first page of a TI.

HTH a bit!
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
Faizal

Post by Faizal »

Thanks Steve. But I am going the other way. From TM1 to access and not vice versa.
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

Hi Faizal,

I'm not exactly what you wan to do but if you want to launch something from TM1 that either

writes data from Access into TM1
or
writes data from TM1 into Access

then you need to use ODBC / SQL and TI.

If you want to do either of the above but launched from Access then you probably would need MDX to address TM1 but I'm not sure if this possibe, I'd say not but that's just instinct rather than firm knowledge on my part.

Cheers,
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

Steve Rowe wrote: If you want to do either of the above but launched from Access then you probably would need MDX to address TM1 but I'm not sure if this possibe, I'd say not but that's just instinct rather than firm knowledge on my part.
I haven't tried doing anything with MDX, but I DO have to pull values from TM1 into Access (from a process that runs within Access) regularly.

Unfortunately the solution is {everyone please adopt the required expression of horror at the nightmare about to be expressed...} VBA using the TM1 API.

I hadn't said anything in this thread prior to this because obviously an ODBO style solution would be neater, but it's not possible with 8.2.12 and I have yet to explore it in more current (9.x) versions.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.