Identifying user that launched a TI process

abetschen
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 9.1 SP3
Excel Version: Excel 2007

Identifying user that launched a TI process

Post by abetschen »

Hi there,

I would like to know if there is a way to capture who ran a particular TI process. Currently I have a cube call ProcessLogs that capture information about a process (i.e. start time, end time, elapsed time, number of records processed, etc) I would like to capture and log who ran the process.

Any ideas on how to do that in a TI process? I tried to search this forum for a thread that would discuss this topic but could not find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Andre Betschen
Martin Ryan
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Re: Identifying user that launched a TI process

Post by Martin Ryan »

The message log will tell you. Does that meet your needs, or do you need to put it in a cube for some reason?

Martin
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer
abetschen

Post by abetschen »

I really would like to capture the user and put it into my cube "ProcessLog" that captures information about the processes. That way I can see at a glance when this process was last ran and who initiated the process. This would also make it possible to access this info via TM1Web. I work from home and accessing TM1 with the Excel addin over a WAN/VPN is quite slow.

There is the "TM1User" function starting with Version 9.1. But from what I have read in the documentation it only works in a spreadsheet.

May be there is not such a function for TI.

Andre
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

abetschen wrote:I really would like to capture the user and put it into my cube "ProcessLog" that captures information about the processes. That way I can see at a glance when this process was last ran and who initiated the process. This would also make it possible to access this info via TM1Web. I work from home and accessing TM1 with the Excel addin over a WAN/VPN is quite slow.

There is the "TM1User" function starting with Version 9.1. But from what I have read in the documentation it only works in a spreadsheet.

May be there is not such a function for TI.
TM1User is a valid function for TurboIntegrator from 9.1 SP3 onwards. It's slightly different from the Worksheet function; with the worksheet function you have to specify the server name, with the TI function you obviously don't have to.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
abetschen

Post by abetschen »

Thank you Alan.

I was able to get it to work and I now also found the reference in the technical bulletin that this function now works in TI with 9.1. SP3.

Andre