Stuck in Feederville

TheMichael

Stuck in Feederville

Post by TheMichael »

Hi,

I believe the following to be a Feeder issue but for the life of me I can't figure it out. Any help on the matter would be appreciated.

PART 1 - RULE:

[{'Actual','Budget'},'20','S2 - Site':'Allocation','S4 - Account':'Fixed %','S5-Brand':'Allocation',Attribute1:'Allocation',Attribute3:'Allocation', Attribute4:'Allocation',Report:'Allocation','Direct',{'Movement','Opening Balance'}] =N:
DB('Allocations Cube', !Year, !Month, !S3 - Cost Centre, !Attribute2, 'Fixed %') ;

FEEDER:
['Fixed %']=>
DB('Adcock Ingram GL', !Year, !Month, 'Actual', '20', 'Allocation', !S3 - Cost Centre, 'Fixed %', 'Allocation', 'Allocation', !Attribute2, 'Allocation', 'Allocation', 'Allocation', 'Direct', 'Movement'),
DB('Adcock Ingram GL', !Year, !Month, 'Budget', '20', 'Allocation', !S3 - Cost Centre, 'Fixed %', 'Allocation', 'Allocation', !Attribute2, 'Allocation', 'Allocation', 'Allocation', 'Direct', 'Movement'),
DB('Adcock Ingram GL', !Year, !Month, 'Actual', '20', 'Allocation', !S3 - Cost Centre, 'Fixed %', 'Allocation', 'Allocation', !Attribute2, 'Allocation', 'Allocation', 'Allocation', 'Direct', 'Opening Balance'),
DB('Adcock Ingram GL', !Year, !Month, 'Budget', '20', 'Allocation', !S3 - Cost Centre, 'Fixed %', 'Allocation', 'Allocation', !Attribute2, 'Allocation', 'Allocation', 'Allocation', 'Direct', 'Opening Balance');

This section works fine. I pull in all the percentages to the GL Cube. The next part is where it get's tricky:

RULE:
['S2 - Site':'101','S4 - Account':'F-Debit'] =N:
['S2 - Site':'Sales Sites','EXPENSES','All Attributes (2)']*
['20','S2 - Site':'Allocation','S4 - Account':'Fixed %','S5-Brand':'Allocation',Attribute1:'Allocation',Attribute3:'Allocation',Attribute4:'Allocation',Report:'Allocation','Direct'] ;

FEEDER:
[{'Actual','Budget'},'20','S2 - Site':'Allocation','S4 - Account':'Fixed %','S5-Brand':'Allocation', Attribute1:'Allocation',Attribute3:'Allocation',Attribute4:'Allocation',Report:'Allocation','Direct',{'Movement','Opening Balance'}] =>
['F-Debit'];

The result of all this is that I can see the data, correct figures when I drill down to the leaf level of all elements. Consolidations are empty and doing a zero suppression also returns no data.
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Stuck in Feederville

Post by jim wood »

The left side of your rule looks like it is the driver of the equation but your feeder doesn't seem to match it. Have you based your feeder on the data being allocated?
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
Andy Key
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 2.5 to PA
Excel Version: Lots

Post by Andy Key »

Your Rule is calculating 'S2 - Site':'101', but your Feeder is feeding from 'S2 - Site':'Allocation'. As you haven't specified a value for 'S2 - Site' on the RHS of the Feeder, it is only feeding the 'Allocation' value of the 'S2 - Site' dimension.

[{'Actual','Budget'},'20','S2 - Site':'Allocation','S4 - Account':'Fixed %','S5-Brand':'Allocation', Attribute1:'Allocation',Attribute3:'Allocation',Attribute4:'Allocation',Report:'Allocation','Direct',{'Movement','Opening Balance'}] =>
['S2 - Site':'101', 'F-Debit'];

Should do the trick.
Andy Key
TheMichael

Post by TheMichael »

Thanks for the help guys, it did the trick Andy. It always seems to be something silly you're missing.