TM1 Application Web - Can't update cell values if Zero

RSK
OLAP Product: TM1 10.1.1
Version: TM1 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2010

TM1 Application Web - Can't update cell values if Zero

Post by RSK »

Hi All,

I'm in the process of developing a small TM1 Web Application using websheets and I've come across a potential problem. I have a product forecast websheet and users are expected to enter this years forecast, when they first start all of these values are currently zero.

If they update the forecast value against an individual month from 0 to any number they enter, the value defaults back to zero immediately. However if they update a number which is not zero it allows them to enter any number of their choice. Similarly if the cell has a non zero value in it and they update it back to zero, they then cannot change the number from zero again. This does not happen using TM1 web, just in TM1 Application Web

All spreading functionality works OK and I can cheat to get around this by using the repeat function against single cell. Similarly entering numbers at a consolidated level updates the numbers also.

Any ideas what could be the issue?

Thanks
Paul Coggan

Re: TM1 Application Web - Can't update cell values if Zero

Post by Paul Coggan »

Hi RSK
Do you recall if you ever found a solution to this issue? I have someone reporting similar behaviour on a 10.2.2 FP5 install of TM1.
anubhanarang
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2.1

Post by anubhanarang »

Hello RSK & Paul ,

Can someone please shed some light on how this issue got resolved . we are in a similar fix when the editable cell (simple by type) accepts any other value than zero .
It accepts any value but not zero hence client is getting trouble in making that cell zero if needed.

Any idea or help is very much welcome from all community members.

We are on 10.2.2 FP7 IF2

Thanks
Anubha
anubhanarang
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2.1

Post by anubhanarang »

Hello All,
Just wanted to keep all posted that the issue described in thread is a known defect in TM1 10.2.2 with APAR ID PI95740. This is resolved in 10.2.2 FP7 IF10 and up.

We just ran IF16 that's the latest one and the issue got resolved.

Thanks
Anubha