Perspectives error when refreshing workbook with Chart sheet

ykud
MVP

Perspectives error when refreshing workbook with Chart sheet

Post by ykud »

Quite puzzled with the error, encountered it on 9.5.2 FP2, FP3, CX10.1 and still testing. Thought I'd ask here while waiting for IBM support update.

Looks like that having a Chart sheet in workbook is unsupported, refreshing Excel book with any Chart sheet (without any TM1 formulas in it, for example) leads to Runtime Error 13: Type Mismatch VBA Error and subsequent "Item with specified name not found" message. Menu icon names become crippled, so I'd guess that happens while loading it.

I'm attaching a small workbook with simple chart and data list, error is easily reproduced by opening it and then connecting to any TM1 server.

Anyone seen this before or am I so lucky? Any known workarounds (except for obvious “don't use it”)?
Attachments
chart_update_with_perspecitves.xls
(160.5 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
Martin Ryan
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Re: Perspectives error when refreshing workbook with Chart s

Post by Martin Ryan »

I've encountered this sporadically too. I think the only way to work around it is to not have a chart sheet. Instead have the graph embedded in a normal worksheet.

I would guess it's got something to do with the auto-calculate macro not finding something in a chart sheet that exists in a worksheet.

Martin
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer
ykud
MVP

Post by ykud »

Thank you, Martin.

Let's see what IBM comes back with, I can't see a “Excel Chart sheets are not supported” line anywhere in the documentation. And I got a chart-loving customer )
ykud
MVP

Post by ykud »

Just in case, it's confirmed as an APAR (don't have number yet).