afullex
OLAP Product: Tm1
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2007

Feeder Problem

Post by afullex »

Hi there

I have a problem with feeders.

I have two cubes, Rpt_Earnings Cube and Reporting Cube. Now Rpt_Earnings is populated by DB rules from the Reporting Cube.

In my Rpt_Earnings Cube I have dimensions : Biz_line, Company, Lob_Type, Period, Reporting Version, Source, Tax_fund, Valuation, Version, Rpt_Earnings_m
In the Reporing Cube there are a few dimensions the same as in the Rpt_Earnings cube : Biz_line, Company, Lob_Type, Period, Source, Tax_fund, Valuation, Version and then obviously other Dimensions.

This is the code in the Rpt_Earnings cube:

Code: Select all

[Rpt_Earnings_m:’NB Profit before Comm and Expenses' ]  = DB('Reporting', !Valuation, !Period, !Reporting Version, !Lob_Type, !Company, 'All Grouping5', 'Liability Template', 'All Ifrs_Cls', 'All Reins_Grouping', 'All Ifrs_Catg', 'All Prmtype',
	'All Product', 'All Grouping6', 'All Business_Line', !Tax_Fund, 'Statutory Earnings Analysis', 'All Rnrcmp_Mos','Linked OD Variations', 'All Grouping4', 'Analysis of Variations', !Biz_Line, !Version, 'All Grouping3', 'All Pdtcde_Mos', 'All Grouping2',
	'NB BE Profit', 'All Cost_Centre', 'Value')+

DB('Reporting', !Valuation, !Period, !Reporting Version, !Lob_Type, !Company, 'All Grouping5', 'Liability Template', 'All Ifrs_Cls', 'All Reins_Grouping', 'All Ifrs_Catg', 'All Prmtype', 'All Product', 'All Grouping6', 'All Business_Line', !Tax_Fund, 'Sta
tutory Earnings Analysis', 'All Rnrcmp_Mos','Linked OB Variations', 'All Grouping4', 'Analysis of Variations', !Biz_Line, !Version, 'All Grouping3', 'All Pdtcde_Mos', 'All Grouping2', 'NB BE Profit', 'All Cost_Centre', 'Value');
And here is the feeders in the Reporting Cube:

#NB Profit before Comm and Expenses 
['All Grouping5',Dest_Workbook:'Liability Template','All Ifrs_Cls','All Reins_Grouping','All Ifrs_Catg','All Prmtype','All Product','All Grouping6','All Business_Line',Dest_Worksheet:'Statutory Earnings Analysis','All Rnrcmp_Mos','All Grouping4',Dest_Sec
tion:'Analysis of Variations','All Grouping3','All Pdtcde_Mos','All Grouping2',Grouping1:'NB BE Profit','All Cost_Centre','Value']  =>

DB('Rpt Earnings',!Biz_Line, !Company, !Lob_Type, !Period, !Reporting Version,'Linked OD Variations', !Tax_Fund, !Valuation, !Version, 'NB Profit before Comm and Expenses');

['All Grouping5',Dest_Workbook:'Liability Template','All Ifrs_Cls','All Reins_Grouping','All Ifrs_Catg','All Prmtype','All Product','All Grouping6','All Business_Line',Dest_Worksheet:'Statutory Earnings Analysis','All Rnrcmp_Mos','All Grouping4',Dest_Sec
tion:'Analysis of Variations','All Grouping3','All Pdtcde_Mos','All Grouping2',Grouping1:'NB BE Profit','All Cost_Centre','Value']  =>

DB('Rpt Earnings',!Biz_Line, !Company, !Lob_Type, !Period, !Reporting Version,'Linked OB Variations', !Tax_Fund, !Valuation, !Version, 'NB Profit before Comm and Expenses');
Now I get the right amount for NB Profit before Comm and Expenses but not for the Consolidation:[img]
Rpt_Earnings Cube.JPG
Rpt_Earnings Cube.JPG (61.22 KiB) Viewed 2701 times
[/img]

Can anybody give me advise where I am going wrong??
Thanks,
Andrea
rozef
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003 - 2007

Re: Feeder Problem

Post by rozef »

I guess you your rule should be on leaf element only

[Rpt_Earnings_m:’NB Profit before Comm and Expenses' ]  = N: 
Otherwise "NB Profit before Comm and Expenses" stay as a calculation while "NB Profit" is still a consolidation.
The problem with consolidation calculation is that you can't know in which orders dimensions will be consolidated for parents and this order can change.
I bet your result for NB_Profit is th right consolidation of Biz_Line.
afullex
OLAP Product: Tm1
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2007

Post by afullex »

Thank you for your reply. Your right, if I change the rule to be on the leaf elements only, "NB Profit and "NB Profit before Comm and Expenses" has the same value but unfortunately it doesn't give me the right answer :cry:
Rpt_Earnings Cube N Rule.JPG
Rpt_Earnings Cube N Rule.JPG (74.48 KiB) Viewed 2673 times
Any ideas?
Andrea
rozef
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003 - 2007

Post by rozef »

If your result change, you obviously have some rules in your reporting cube that make consolidation cells of 'Linked OB Variations' and 'Linked OD Variations' different then a normal consoldation of leaf elements.
You probably should look at it.