TM1 fails to login with integrated login option using IE7

makten

TM1 fails to login with integrated login option using IE7

Post by makten »

Hi,

Users using IE7 are not able to login to TM1 using integrated login parameter option instead they get an HTTP Error 401.1
Users using IE6 login successfully.

Please help...

Kind regards,
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Re: TM1 fails to login with integrated login option using IE7

Post by Steve Vincent »

Don't use IE7?!! :lol:

(sorry, couldn't resist)
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet
Mike Cowie
Site Admin
OLAP Product: IBM TM1/PA, SSAS, and more
Version: Anything thru 11.x
Excel Version: 2003 - Office 365

Post by Mike Cowie »

Have you tried changing the following IE 7 setting in Tools - Internet Options (highlighted in screenshot)?
IE 7 Setting
IE 7 Setting
IE7_IntegratedAuthSetting.jpg (61.99 KiB) Viewed 6068 times
If that isn't checked, I would imagine that explains your problem.

Regards,
Mike Cowie
QueBIT Consulting, LLC

Are you lost without Print Reports in Planning Analytics for Excel (PAfE)? Get it back today, for free, with Print Reports for IBM Planning Analytics for Excel!
makten

Post by makten »

Hi Mike,

Yes i have tried changing IE 7 setting in Tools but still, it does not work.
Mike Cowie
Site Admin
OLAP Product: IBM TM1/PA, SSAS, and more
Version: Anything thru 11.x
Excel Version: 2003 - Office 365

Post by Mike Cowie »

makten wrote: Yes i have tried changing IE 7 setting in Tools but still, it does not work.
Do you have ServerLogging = T set in your TM1 Server's TM1S.CFG? If so, you may be able to get some more information in the TM1Server.log log file that gets updated with Integrated Login attempts (success & failures). It isn't the easiest thing to read since it doesn't have much in the way of timestamps, but the end of the log file will have the most recent results of user login attempts. At the very least, it should help to tell you if any attempts to login are making it to the TM1 Server from the IE7 browser.

In looking at the TM1 9.1 SP3 Operations Guide manual, I came across this in the very long section about "Configuring Integrated Login for TM1 Web using NTLM/Kerberos" (not sure whether you're using NTLM or Kerberos, and I won't pretend to know much about the differences):
[*]Add the TM1 Web server to the Local Intranet with default security settings. The procedure for doing this varies depending on the operating system you are running. Refer to the Internet Explorer help for more information.[/b]
[*]On the Advanced tab under Tools → Internet Options, set Enable Integrated Windows Authentication.

Have you verified that the IE 7 browsers see the TM1 Web website as part of the "Local Intranet"? If not, does adding the website to the list of "Local Intranet" sites make the integrated login work? The second point is the one I already mentioned in the previous post, but it does seem to be important.

I did see some other information about this 401.1 error and IE7 specifically (like http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/938305), but I don't know enough about Kerberos and your environment to know if that's worth investigating (I would guess not - it seems like it should be something simpler).

Regards,
Mike Cowie
QueBIT Consulting, LLC

Are you lost without Print Reports in Planning Analytics for Excel (PAfE)? Get it back today, for free, with Print Reports for IBM Planning Analytics for Excel!