Feeder Issue

amritha.tm1
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2007

Feeder Issue

Post by amritha.tm1 »

Hi All,

When i am trying to copy the data from one version to another using TI Process ...I am able to copy data only for input cells but not for derived cells.

I have defined the VIEWEXTRACTSKIPRULEVALUESSET =1 and CellIsUpdateable(Cube, e1, e2 [,...en]) in the TI but still i could not copy or export the data for the derived cells.

Rules for that cube:

Feedstrings;
SKipcheck;

['A','B','Current Version']=S: IF(Dimix('Entity', ATTRS('Geography',!Geography, 'MC')|ATTRS('Entity', !Entity, 'Code')) =0, STET, ATTRS('Geography',!Geograph, 'MC')|ATTRS('Entity', !Entity, 'Code'));

['C', 'Current Version'] = S: IF(DIMIX('Entity',DB('PL',!Geography,!Entity,!Account,!Version,'A'))=0,'No','Yes');

['D','Current Version']= S:IF(DIMIX('Entity',DB('PL',!Geography,!Entity,!Account,!Version,'E'))<>0,DB('PL',!Geography,!Entity,!Account,!Version,'E'),STET);

Am i missing anything any here?

Can any let me know ...where is the issue.
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Re: Feeder Issue

Post by David Usherwood »

Looks to me as if you have no feeder statements. Entering Feedstrings doesn't obviate the need to have them.
asutcliffe
Regular Participant
Version: 9.4.1 - 10.1
Excel Version: 2003 and 2007

Post by asutcliffe »

amritha.tm1 wrote:Hi All,

When i am trying to copy the data from one version to another using TI Process ...I am able to copy data only for input cells but not for derived cells.

I have defined the VIEWEXTRACTSKIPRULEVALUESSET =1 and CellIsUpdateable(Cube, e1, e2 [,...en]) in the TI but still i could not copy or export the data for the derived cells.
If you want to copy the rule derived values, why are you setting VIEWEXTRACTSKIPRULEVALUESSET to 1? This will exclude them from your source view.
amritha.tm1

Post by amritha.tm1 »

I have tried now with 0 ...even then its not copying the rule derived cells or exporting the values for rule driven cells.

Do, i need to have a feeder for these rules...If so what feeder statements do i need to have?

Thanks for the immediate response and for your time.
mvaspal
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10 2 2 - 2.0.5
Excel Version: From 2007 to 2013

Post by mvaspal »

Hi

If the cells you try to copy are rule derived but not fed, they will considered as zeroes when the view extract is calculated, so you will have to write the feeders.
amritha.tm1

Post by amritha.tm1 »

Hi,

I am a newbie...not sure what feeders i need to write.

['A','B','Current Version']=S: IF(Dimix('Entity', ATTRS('Geography',!Geography, 'MC')|ATTRS('Entity', !Entity, 'Code')) =0, STET, ATTRS('Geography',!Geograph, 'MC')|ATTRS('Entity', !Entity, 'Code'));

['C', 'Current Version'] = S: IF(DIMIX('Entity',DB('PL',!Geography,!Entity,!Account,!Version,'A'))=0,'No','Yes');

Can anyone help me with some example for above rules....

Thanks in advance!
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

I'm not exactly sure what you are expecting those rules to do but what they are actually doing is putting a string value consisting of the concatenated MC attribute of the Entity dimension and the Code attribute of the Entity dimension into Current Version for A and B(????) and a string value consisting of either Yes or No into Current Version for C. Are these string values the "Data" you are talking about? No apparent feedable possibilities I can see from the limited info you have provided. Is there any actual data in this cube somewhere?
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
amritha.tm1

Post by amritha.tm1 »

Hi Tomok,

Its just a Lookup cube ...

1 rule statement Populating the Concatenation of Geo+ Entity code for A&B Cells
2. Checking if that value exist in the Report dimension ...if exists say 'Yes' or 'No' for C

Thanks in Advance
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

amritha.tm1 wrote:Its just a Lookup cube ...
Then why would you need a zero-suppressed view of it? Wouldn't the data source for your TI process be a zero-suppressed view of the actual cube where the data you are trying to copy is??????
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/