Nitish
OLAP Product: TM1 BI Cognos
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2010

Process error logs not getting updated

Post by Nitish »

Hi,

I need some help.

I am loading a .csv file though TI in one of the cubes, The process error logs give me the errors which I do understand.
Than, I changed the data in that .csv file (Headers and file name remains the same). I made the whole data ZERO in the cube and run the TI again with new data.
Now when I open the Process Error log it still gives me the errors (line wise, element wise) of my old .csv file. I tried and checked my .csv file many times and it has the new data saved.

1) Why the TI process error log is not getting updated?
2) Is there any way I can copy or export the TI process error log to spread sheet??

Thank you!
Nitish
winsonlee
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Cognos Express
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2007

Re: Process error logs not getting updated

Post by winsonlee »

Have you tried removing the path in "Data Source Name On Server", browse the file again and run the process ?
Nitish

Post by Nitish »

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I changed the whole file (Copy the original one, paste and than rename in the same folder). I again selected the new file through the browse option (source) of the TI but it does not help.

It is still giving me the process error logs of the older file :( , it seems like the Process error log is in love with old .csv file, not ready to leave it.
Please advice!

Also please suggest the way to export or copy the process error log to spread sheet or word!

Thanks!
Nitish
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Post by declanr »

Have you actually gone to the error log by navigating to the folder which contains them or have you double clicked on the error pop up screen that appears after the TI?

If it is the latter and you haven't properly closed the window before running the TI again, it can appear as if its opening the new error when in reality you are just going to the old log file.
Declan Rodger
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

Nitish wrote: I am loading a .csv file though TI in one of the cubes, The process error logs give me the errors which I do understand.
Than, I changed the data in that .csv file (Headers and file name remains the same). I made the whole data ZERO in the cube and run the TI again with new data.
Now when I open the Process Error log it still gives me the errors (line wise, element wise) of my old .csv file. I tried and checked my .csv file many times and it has the new data saved.
Which CSV are you updating? I ask because there could be 2! 1/ the CSV used for previewing the datasource and to set the variables array "data source name for client" and 2/ the datasource actually picked up and used by the TM1 server during execution "data source name for server". Depending on your setup these could be 2 physically separate files and you may not be updating the actual datasource. Also it is possible to manipulate the datasource via code on the prolog tab so it could also be that the actual datasource being used during execution has another location and file name alltogether.

Have you checked either of these possibilities?
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Post by Wim Gielis »

declanr wrote:Have you actually gone to the error log by navigating to the folder which contains them or have you double clicked on the error pop up screen that appears after the TI?

If it is the latter and you haven't properly closed the window before running the TI again, it can appear as if its opening the new error when in reality you are just going to the old log file.
This is indeed one possibility I thought about.
You need to either close all message logs windows, run the process and click yes to see the generated messages,
or: right-click on the TM1 server name and choose "View Message Log...".

Both ways you will update the message log screen.
As mentioned earlier, you can also navigate to the error log file on disk, provided you have been granted access to that location.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
Nitish

Post by Nitish »

Hi All,

Thank you so much for your valuable inputs :) ... My first problem is solved now..

1) Why the TI process error log is not getting updated? (Solved)
I changed the path on both 'Data Source name' & 'Data source name on server'. I am now getting the correct updated process error log.

Second problem:

2) Is there any way I can copy or export the TI process error logs to spread sheet / Ms word ?? (Unsolved)
May I request the Experts of TM1, Please help to solve this issue as well.

Again, Many thanks!

Best Regards,
Nitish
Nitish

Post by Nitish »

Thanks Wim Gielis !

Thank you sir!

I got the Log file on Disk. I will convert that in to spread sheet.

Best Regards,
Nitish
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

Nitish wrote:2) Is there any way I can copy or export the TI process error logs to spread sheet / Ms word ?? (Unsolved)
May I request the Experts of TM1, Please help to solve this issue as well.
Quite frankly I'm not sure this question deserves any response other than "well what have you tried?".

TM1 log files are comma separated plain text files. You can open them in whatever text editor you choose, be that notepad, Word, Excel, or whatever.