ViewSetSkipCalcs() not working in 9.4 MR1?

Roger_Lewin
Version: 9.4 MR1 FP1
Excel Version: 2003

ViewSetSkipCalcs() not working in 9.4 MR1?

Post by Roger_Lewin »

Hi everyone,

I've got some problems generating a view via TI . Whatever I try, ViewSetSkipCalcs() and ViewSetSkipRuleValues() seems not to work. Any hints on this?

I create the view, i open it in the cube viewer and nothing changes? Do things work different in 9.4 ?

Code: Select all

SubSetCreate('Jahre', '_Jahreskopie');
SubsetCreatebyMDX('_Jahreskopie','{TM1FILTERBYLEVEL( {TM1SUBSETALL( [Sparten] )}, 0)}');
SubsetCreatebyMDX('_Jahreskopie','{TM1FILTERBYLEVEL( {TM1SUBSETALL( [Kennzahlen Verteilungsschlüssel] )}, 0)}');
SubsetCreatebyMDX('_Jahreskopie','{TM1FILTERBYLEVEL( {TM1SUBSETALL( [Verteilungsschlüssel] )}, 0)}');
SubsetCreatebyMDX('_Jahreskopie','{TM1FILTERBYLEVEL( {TM1SUBSETALL( [Monate] )}, 0)}');

SubSetElementInsert('Jahre', '_Jahreskopie', pQuelljahr, 1);

ViewCreate('Verteilungsschlüssel', 'Jahreskopie');
ViewSubsetAssign('Verteilungsschlüssel', 'Jahreskopie', 'Jahre', '_Jahreskopie');
ViewSubsetAssign('Verteilungsschlüssel', 'Jahreskopie', 'Sparten', '_Jahreskopie');
ViewSubsetAssign('Verteilungsschlüssel', 'Jahreskopie', 'Kennzahlen Verteilungsschlüssel', '_Jahreskopie');
ViewSubsetAssign('Verteilungsschlüssel', 'Jahreskopie', 'Verteilungsschlüssel', '_Jahreskopie');
ViewSubsetAssign('Verteilungsschlüssel', 'Jahreskopie', 'Monate', '_Jahreskopie');

ViewColumnDimensionSet('Verteilungsschlüssel', 'Jahreskopie', 'Jahre',1);
ViewRowDimensionSet('Verteilungsschlüssel', 'Jahreskopie', 'Monate', 1);
ViewColumnDimensionSet('Verteilungsschlüssel', 'Jahreskopie', 'Sparten', 2);
ViewRowDimensionSet('Verteilungsschlüssel', 'Jahreskopie', 'Verteilungsschlüssel', 2);
ViewColumnDimensionSet('Verteilungsschlüssel', 'Jahreskopie', 'Kennzahlen Verteilungsschlüssel',3);

ViewColumnSuppressZeroesSet ('Verteilungsschlüssel', 'Jahreskopie', 1);
ViewRowSuppressZeroesSet ('Verteilungsschlüssel', 'Jahreskopie', 1);
ViewSetSkipCalcs('Verteilungsschlüssel', 'Jahreskopie',1);
ViewSetSkipRuleValues('Verteilungsschlüssel', 'Jahreskopie',1);
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Re: ViewSetSkipCalcs() not working in 9.4 MR1?

Post by Steve Rowe »

I'm not sure that the cube viewer is really the place to check these settings.

If you right click on the view and select Export as ASCII are the check boxes checked the way you expect them to be? These setting are really for export query type views rather than cube viewer views.

Cheers,
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
Ivan Cepero

Post by Ivan Cepero »

We found the same thing in 9.4. ViewSetSkipCalcs() setting does not work. We filed a bug report.
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Steve Vincent »

Steve is right, the only place those 2 settings makes a difference is when the view is used in a TI or via Export as Ascii. They make no difference to the cube viewer's interpretation of them, so the only place you can check them is the export dialog.

Ivan, would you mind putting the details of the bug in bugs forum? Cognos don't allow users to see anything but their own issues so it would help evryone if the details were also put in there, thanks :)
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet