TM1 Reports- Decimals

ravi
OLAP Product: cognos
Version: tm1 9.5
Excel Version: 2007

TM1 Reports- Decimals

Post by ravi »

Hi,

Is there a way to format the TM1 Reports so it doesn’t show the pennies? The default would be decimals hidden but then,I can format and add 2 decimals if needed. If I do this manually to all the reports and tabs I have each month it adds another 30 min or so of time.

Is there a way to do dynamically with tm1 worksheet function-please advise
Ravi
asutcliffe
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 9.4.1 - 10.1
Excel Version: 2003 and 2007

Re: TM1 Reports- Decimals

Post by asutcliffe »

ravi wrote:Hi,

Is there a way to format the TM1 Reports so it doesn’t show the pennies? The default would be decimals hidden but then,I can format and add 2 decimals if needed. If I do this manually to all the reports and tabs I have each month it adds another 30 min or so of time.

Is there a way to do dynamically with tm1 worksheet function-please advise
Ravi
This should be straightforward. What type of reports are you talking about? If you're using active forms, have a look at the "Formatting Active Forms" section in the TM1 user guide.
ravi
OLAP Product: cognos
Version: tm1 9.5
Excel Version: 2007

Post by ravi »

Hi

Yes- It is active form reports.
Can use worksheet function of any ? Instead of using decimals places as 0 in format cells in active forms.
Please advise
Ravi
asutcliffe
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 9.4.1 - 10.1
Excel Version: 2003 and 2007

Post by asutcliffe »

ravi wrote:Hi

Can use worksheet function of any ? Instead of using decimals places as 0 in format cells in active forms.
Please advise
Ravi
The way to achieve this is to apply formatting properly. Are you changing the number formats in the report's format range or just the formatting in the output of your report? If the latter, any formats you apply will be overwritten when you rebuild the active form.
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

ravi wrote:Hi

Please advise
Ravi
By the sounds of it to produce your monthly reports you are doing a fresh slice from the cube viewer into Excel each time you run the report. Is that correct?
(you do realise that this is precisely the sort of time wasting and non-value adding activity that TM1 is designed to eliminate?) Set the formatting up correctly in the Excel report and all you should be doing is getting the correct selection in Excel and refreshing, that's all.