Feeders Issue

SimonLAylett
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2007

Feeders Issue

Post by SimonLAylett »

Hi,

I am having trouble with feeders and specifically feeding a rule where the feeder value could be Zero.

Here are my rules;

SKIPCHECK;

## Variances ##

['ActvsBud%']=(['ActvsBud']\['Budget']);
['Prior']=N:DB('Reporting_MAP','Actual',!Scheme_Summary,!Accident Year,!Cover Type,!Company,!LineOfBusiness,!Nominal,ATTRS('Year',!Year,'Prior Year'),!Month);

FEEDERS;

['Actual']=>['Prior'];

In my screenshot, you can see i've got a problem whereby anything with a zero in 'September 2012 Actual' does not feed into 'September 2012 Prior'.

Am i missing something? Do I need to feed something else to enable consolidations when 'Actual' is Zero?

I assume this issue has been tackled a hundred times before and i'm just missing something obvious!

Thanks in advance,

Simon
Last edited by SimonLAylett on Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Version - 9.5.2
O/S - Windows XP Professional 2002 SP3
Excel 2007
Beginner!
garry cook
Community Contributor
Version: Various
Excel Version: Various

Re: Feeders Issue

Post by garry cook »

You just need to add an attribute for Next Year then feed Actuals into Prior for the next year such as -

['Actual']=>DB('Reporting_MAP','Prior',!Scheme_Summary,!Accident Year,!Cover Type,!Company,!LineOfBusiness,!Nominal,ATTRS('Year',!Year,'Next Year'),!Month);

so that the value in actuals feeds into the next year's prior position.

EDIT - Just noticed the feeder was feeding into Actual. Been a long day and bored waiting for a TI to finish :(
Last edited by garry cook on Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Segal
Community Contributor
Version: TM1 11 and up
Excel Version: Too many to count

Post by Paul Segal »

What you're telling it is "If there's a value in Actual then feed Prior". Put that the other way, "If there's nothing in Actual, then nothing will show up in Prior", even if there is a value in Prior in the Reporting_Map cube. So the result you're getting is entirely expected.

One way of sorting it out would be to feed from the Reporting_MAP cube.
Paul
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

Paul Segal wrote:What you're telling it is "If there's a value in Actual then feed Prior". Put that the other way, "If there's nothing in Actual, then nothing will show up in Prior", even if there is a value in Prior in the Reporting_Map cube. So the result you're getting is entirely expected.

One way of sorting it out would be to feed from the Reporting_MAP cube.
Actually I would assume that the "Reporting_MAP" cube is the same cube as where the rule is written from what the OP posted.

As per both the suggestions above you just need a "next year" attribute in your year dimension and then just feed the "prior" measure from BOTH actual and actual in the prior year. e.g.

Code: Select all

['Prior']=N:DB('Reporting_MAP','Actual',!Scheme_Summary,!Accident Year,!Cover Type,!Company,!LineOfBusiness,!Nominal,ATTRS('Year',!Year,'Prior Year'),!Month);

FEEDERS;

['Actual']=>['Prior'];
['Actual']=>DB('Reporting_MAP','Prior',!Scheme_Summary,!Accident Year,!Cover Type,!Company,!LineOfBusiness,!Nominal,ATTRS('Year',!Year,'Next Year'),!Month);
(not sure what you might need to do with the Accident Year dimension but I assume this reflect either policy date or claim date so is static in this context)

There was also a very recent discussion on relative time offset reporting here http://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8150

(Oops, only just noticed that Garry already had exactly that feeder already in the first reply.)
bhushpar82
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 9.5.2,10.2.2
Excel Version: 2016

Post by bhushpar82 »

Hi Simon,

As I see you rule:

your MSR dimension is Month, but your actual MSR dimension(Values) which you want to be in your "Prior" element should be something else. Assuming this, I am posting below reply:
so in your value dimension find an element where the value is most likely to appear, in actual. I am assuming your value/msr dimension to be "scheme_summary" and say you have three elements in it: elem1, elem2 & elem3

If you elem3 is most likely to occur
then the feeder for your above rule becomes,

Feeders;
['Prior', 'elem3']=>DB('Reporting_MAP','Actual','elem3',!Accident Year,!Cover Type,!Company,!LineOfBusiness,!Nominal,ATTRS('Year',!Year,'Prior Year'),!Month);
['elem3'] => ['elem1'],['elem2'];

I hope this helps.
Empty mind is Devil's Workshop, but my devils creative!!